Thread: Activation Issue

Angry Activation Issue

Help! I reinstalled BibleWorks yesterday after replacing a faulty hard drive. When attempting to active, I continually receive the message that "Activation over the Internet failed. Please attempt manual activation." So I attempted to email activation codes to activate@bibleworks.com but they all get bounced back to me with the message that "Recipient address rejected". I have also attempted to email service@bibleworks.com but receive the same reply as they, too, are bounced back. I've attempted to call the customer service number during business hours as well but have only been able to leave voice mail after being instructed to email support for a response.

This is frustrating to say the least, and a PITA with activation. Not sure what else to do, though. Anyone have suggestions, or does anyone from BibleWorks monitor this forum?

If you type your activation codes into a text editor, when you run the installation, at the point where it asks for activation codes, just copy the codes from the text document, and they should automatically get pasted into BW, so that you can register them.
    I just did this a couple weeks ago, giving up an older computer for a new one, and I had no trouble getting everything activated.
    The only problem would be if you are trying to use codes from BW6 or earlier (maybe even BW7). They will not work with BW8. BibleWorks staff have to give new codes to owners of old codes.
    Staff does not routinely monitor these forums, only when they have free time (hah!) or when they see a special need (which does happen from time to time). Contacting customer service was the right thing to do. They usually get to you within a day or so, but regrettably for you, there is a weekend intervening. But I think that if you try the first paragraph above, it should do the trick.
    God bless!
    Mark Eddy

Default Same problem no resolution

Hi,
    I have the a similar problem as the first user. I have been using BW8 since its release and activated it over the Internet. On Friday I opened the program and imagine my surprise when I received a message that trial mode had ended and I needed to activate the program. I tried to activate automatically and it failed. I tried the text editor manual operation and that also failed. I have e-mailed support twice and left a phone message on Friday and as of Monday evening I have not received a reply of any kind.

I remember when you could call BW and talk to tech support. Now you can't get a hold of anyone and without the program I am in a real bind.

Any other suggestions as to how to resolve the problem would be appreciated. I considered uninstalling BW8 and re-installing it but I am afraid that information may still be retained in various files that cannot be removed which would still cause the glitch.

Thanks,

Mordecai

I will alert the guy who works on activation to look at this thread.

There is only one support person in the office today. Two are out of town doing seminars (a very rare thing) and will be back Wednesday. Another guy has been out for several weeks with back problems and had major back surgery Thursday. He won't be back for several weeks. So we are pretty pressed right now. But we will do our best to get back up to speed as quickly as possible.

Mike

It turns out that an anti-spam measure was delaying some of the email to activate@bibleworks.com. We've adjusted things and this should not happen anymore. I believe BrianW's problem was solved on Friday. Mordecai, please send me a PM with your manual activation info and I will see what I can do.

I'm sorry for the trouble. We despise activation, but rampant piracy and our obligation to protect the data that is licensed to us by so many different parties forced us to implement activation.

Thanks!
    Michael

Unhappy Thanks

Thanks Guys,
    I sent a PM with my Manual Activation information to Michael at his BW address as well as one to the activation address and the support address. Hopefully we can get this resolved as soon as possible. I have been a long time BW user since way back when and have only once before, in my recollection, had to contact tech support regarding a problem. Back then I could speak to someone. I miss those days...

Mordecai

All's well that ends well, Mordecai. Give my regards to Esther.

Yitzchak

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai Silver View Post
    Thanks Guys,
    I sent a PM with my Manual Activation information to Michael at his BW address as well as one to the activation address and the support address. Hopefully we can get this resolved as soon as possible. I have been a long time BW user since way back when and have only once before, in my recollection, had to contact tech support regarding a problem. Back then I could speak to someone. I miss those days...
    Mordecai
    Mordecai,
    Phone calls are almost always returned the same day they are placed, or at least within 24 hours. We are in an unusual bind right now that has slowed things down a bit but we will be back on schedule shortly. We changed a callback system recently becuase a small number of people were abusing the support mechanism and tying up our limited staff so that overall support was degraded. The change has worked well except for rare times when staff is depleted by illness or multiple trips. We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Mike