Thread: SBL Hebrew Keyboard

Default SBL Hebrew Keyboard

In the BW Editor, one can type Hebrew with a non-Unicode font (BWWEBB) or with a Unicode font (SBL Hebrew). Both though seem to have their troublesome issues. When using SBL Hebrew, the standard Hebrew Keyboard Layout seems not to be followed. For example, if you depress the "B" on your keyboard, it is not the Hebrew 'bet' that is typed, but a 'nun.' Is there a different layout that is associated with SBL Hebrew?

The other thing is that when I type in the Editor using the standard non-Unicode Hebrew font (BWwebb), the text does not export as Unicode, which is what what my settings in Options/Fonts supposedly tell the program to do (i.e., export fonts as Unicode). Any feedback? Thanks.

Is your computer an English computer or a Hebrew computer?

Usually when I buy a new computer I make sure it's a multi-lingual computer, otherwise I don't waste my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Is your computer an English computer or a Hebrew computer?

Usually when I buy a new computer I make sure it's a multi-lingual computer, otherwise I don't waste my money.
    I'm not sure. How would I verify this info? Still, I'm not sure that's the issue. When I use the other copy features in BW, I never have a problem. For example, I can copy Browse Window verses, or I can copy using the Popup Copy Window, and in both of those instances, my text exports as Unicode.

But when I copy text from the Editor in the Analysis Window, the text does not export as Unicode. If I type using the non-Unicode BWwebb font in the Editor, it copies over as BWwebb into MS Word

The other question was: Does SBL Hebrew font follow a different Keyboard mapping than BWwebb Hebrew font does?

My remarks were tongue-in-cheek. I guess it was lost in translation.

AS for the font issues, I haven't been able to consistently work out a scheme to copy from one portion of BW to another without getting different results. Sometimes I have to paste into Word and then back into the Editor to get it to work properly, and other times other ways. Since I don't do a ton of copy/paste operations from BW Hebrew, I haven't really sat down and tried to work anything solid out.

I do think that the copy/paste/export feature needs some work so that it is much easier for people to use. I'm sure it is very powerful as it is coded, but it is also extremely complicated, and that is probably exacerbated by additional OS complications from computer to computer.

Default New Old Problem

I'm in sort of a hurry...can you guys handle a question regarding Copy Center formatting ?

Default Copy Center Formatting

This question has already been submitted to BW Support but so far, no answer. It will be in the next post, coming shortly

Default Copy Center Formatting

Uhhh...just figured it out, thanks. sorry for the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    My remarks were tongue-in-cheek. I guess it was lost in translation.

AS for the font issues, I haven't been able to consistently work out a scheme to copy from one portion of BW to another without getting different results. Sometimes I have to paste into Word and then back into the Editor to get it to work properly, and other times other ways. Since I don't do a ton of copy/paste operations from BW Hebrew, I haven't really sat down and tried to work anything solid out.

I do think that the copy/paste/export feature needs some work so that it is much easier for people to use. I'm sure it is very powerful as it is coded, but it is also extremely complicated, and that is probably exacerbated by additional OS complications from computer to computer.
    Thanks Scott. You're a good man!

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah 14:3-5 View Post
    This question has already been submitted to BW Support but so far, no answer. It will be in the next post, coming shortly
    Sounds like an interesting study you're working on there.