Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Any Canucks Out There?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Born and raised in Montreal. That's my secret for speaking French.
    That was probably you I saw crying on your daddy's knee one of those times when I came across the thousand islands from New York.

As a matter of fact, Irving, I'll just meet you in Montreal and you can pay up with a nice lunch or dinner there. I can get there most any time, given a little notice, so how 'about it? Say sometime this summer, or thereabouts?

Or in Manhattan, if you prefer, although you could probably show me around Montreal a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    As a matter of fact, Irving, I'll just meet you in Montreal and you can pay up with a nice lunch or dinner there. I can get there most any time, given a little notice, so how 'about it? Say sometime this summer, or thereabouts?

Or in Manhattan, if you prefer, although you could probably show me around Montreal a bit.
    Well, Scott, I'm game for either (Montreal or Manhattan), although I usually go back to Montreal once a year for a week (always in the summer). We'd have to time it so that we're both there at the same time. I probably won't know for a couple of months when I'll be going up there, but I can shoot you an e-mail when I have penciled in plans to go. Otherwise, I'm just a short trip into Manhattan (or Brooklyn).

Actually, I was only half kidding. This is one of those deals where if we ever do meet up somewhere, then you can buy the sandwich. Unless you're down in my neck of the woods, then of course we don't let guests pay.

Well, perhaps the good Lord will bring us together one of these days. In all my travels though, I've never actually been to Atlanta, except if you count a brief stop in the Atlanta airport once to catch a connecting flight.

Funnily enough, I met a friend of mine today who was in-town visiting from Florida. He took me out for lunch. I had a pastrami on rye. Pastrami piled high.

Default Hey Irv

a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill View Post
    Hey Jay, thanks for the link. Good article; just read it. Sorry for the long delay, but I just got back from the biblical land of milk and honey where I led a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Jay, thanks for the link. Good article; just read it. Sorry for the long delay, but I just got back from the biblical land of milk and honey where I led a tour.
    Nice! I have to get over to Eretz Israel myself! I hope your trip went well!

Lots of Whalers news since your Youtube clip... I think you started something. See here and here!

Shalom!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Nice! I have to get over to Eretz Israel myself! I hope your trip went well!
    Thanks. Our trip went wonderfully. My wife got to come thanks to the generosity of a number of folks in our congregation. It was the first time that we have ever been away from our kids for that many days. And, of course, nothing beats seeing the biblical sites and walking where Jesus walked. Additionally, our tour operator also threw in a few fun things like kayaking on the Jordan River, a (worship) boat ride on the Sea of Galilee (followed by a meal of freshly caught St Peter's Fish, of course!), a camel ride followed by a thoroughly ancient near eastern meal experience in "Abraham's Tent," etc. I even got to immerse a few new believers from our congregation at "Yardenit," one of the two supposed sites where John baptized Jesus in the Jordan River. All in all, a great trip. I hope and pray you get the blessing of being able to go over there yourself!

Lots of Whalers news since your Youtube clip... I think you started something. See here and here!

Shalom!
    Cool. I guess the Hartford Whalers' Nation is alive and well. Shalom, Brother!