Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Any Canucks Out There?

Congrats to the women, too. They will play for the gold medal in a couple of days!

Well, I'm glad the USA had a tough game against the Swiss so as to hopefully make them sharper for the medal rounds.

Canada sure took it to the Russians last night. That first period was sheer total domination. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Canada sure took it to the Russians last night. That first period was sheer total domination. Wow!
    Yeah, they looked like a completely different team than when they played the USA. Let's hope that's because the USA is that much more dominating.

This is the best chance the USA has EVER had of winning gold, so if they don't get it done here, don't hold your breath for 2012, assuming the world isn't too much in a mess to hold an olympics in 2012, and I ain't waxing poetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Yeah, they looked like a completely different team than when they played the USA. Let's hope that's because the USA is that much more dominating.

This is the best chance the USA has EVER had of winning gold, so if they don't get it done here, don't hold your breath for 2012, assuming the world isn't too much in a mess to hold an olympics in 2012, and I ain't waxing poetic.
    The team the US had in Salt Lake (2202) was actually quite good. They took the Silver Medal. Should be an interesting semi-final tomorrow against Finland. The Finns are always tough. They probably play a team game better than anybody. Canada - Slovakia should be a good game too.

Well, Irving, I hope I lose our bet BIG TIME!!!

If the USA loses today, it'll be a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Well, Irving, I hope I lose our bet BIG TIME!!!

If the USA loses today, it'll be a fluke.
    Scott, we're going for all the marbles here, aren't we? Go Canada Go!

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Scott, we're going for all the marbles here, aren't we? Go Canada Go!
    I haven't wanted the USA to win a hockey game this badly since 1980. The Canucks have momemtum and the home crowd advantage, but I think the USA is clearly the sueperior team this time, both physically and technically.

But the game ain't played on paper; it's played on ice.

UNBELIEVALBE! So far the USA has played like morons, but now they just tied it and sent it into OT. Perhaps, perhaps...

Oh well... you owe me a pastrami, Irv.