Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Canucks Out There?

Quote Originally Posted by BigJayOneill View Post
    On a serious note, would anyone else like to have a English version of the LXX that links to one of the Greek lexicons. (Like some NT?) Or, is this an option with a version that I am not aware of?
    Doesn't Strongs essentially do that already?

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Doesn't Strongs essentially do that already?
    Strongs has, in simplistic terms, Hebrew for the OT and Greek for the NT. I am looking for a "Strong's" LXX/ Greek version of the OT.

In other words, I would like to have an English translation of the LXX which has the "Greek" info come up in the analysis window. Is this an option we already have?
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souĊ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

In other words, I would like to have an English translation of the LXX which has the "Greek" info come up in the analysis window. Is this an option we already have?
    Well, there is the LXE which is the English version of the LXX, and that is tagged to the Greek. Is that what you want?

EDIT: Actually, the LXE is NOT actually TAGGED to the Greek; it is merely the translation of the LXT, but if you have both displayed, you can hover over the LXT and the Greek will appear in the Analysis window.

I don't think any English version is specifically tagged to a morphology of Greek or Hebrew.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 02-20-2010 at 09:37 PM.

It seems to me that tensions have been very high between the 2 countries since Rocky Balboa beat Ivan Drago in 15 rounds back in 1986! ("Hit the one in the middle!")
    That is funny!

Whew!!! What a game!

Looks like I might be owing you a corned beef/pastrami.

Whew!!! What a game!

Looks like I might be owing you a corned beef/pastrami.
    Wow, what a deal! You mean my team loses and I still get a corned beef/pastrami? Ahhh, bring on the comfort food so I don't have to wallow in self pity for too long!

No, the bet was if Canada wins the gold, you owe me. If the USA wins the gold, I owe you.

I hope you win the bet. The USA played a great game last night. I hope they can hold up through the finish.

No, the bet was if Canada wins the gold, you owe me. If the USA wins the gold, I owe you.
    OK, no problem. But just so that you know, that's a little bit of a change from our previous agreement. Look back on posts 18 & 19 of this thread. It was the reverse before.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    OK, no problem. But just so that you know, that's a little bit of a change from our previous agreement. Look back on posts 18 & 19 of this thread. It was the reverse before.
    No, it's the same deal. Go back and read post #5.

No, it's the same deal. Go back and read post #5.
    Okay, gotcha.