Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Popup Copy Window Issue

Hybrid View

Default Popup Copy Window Issue

In the Popup Copy window, when I key in an entire chapter entry such as "Jos 1," for instance, instead of copying the entire first chapter of Joshua, it only copies Joshua 1:1. Does anyone else get that? Is there a reason why it wouldn't just copy the entire chapter? Thanks for any feedback.

I just checked, and I only have that problem when trying to import Hebrew (WTT). It works fine with both English (NIV) and Greek (BGT).

If I type in the complete range (Joshua 1:1-5) I have no problems in Hebrew.

Given jimofbentley's results, I was guessing it's a left to right issue... but that isn't the case.
    Gen 1 > only gives v1
    Ex 1 > gives whole chapter
    Lev 1, Num 1 > only gives v1
    Deut 1 > gives whole chapter

If I ask for Gen 1-2 > get Gen 1:1-2
    If I ask for Ex 1-2 > get Exod 1-2
    (pattern is consistent...)

Must be something going on in the versification system...
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Given jimofbentley's results, I was guessing it's a left to right issue... but that isn't the case.
    Gen 1 > only gives v1

Thanks much for checking Mark, and quite thoroughly, I must admit! Would you guess that this could easily be rectified? I would really like to be able to key in an entire chapter reference like "Jos 1" and know that the entire chapter will also export. It is not as convenient to have to type the entire verse range in the chapter ("Deu 34:1-12"). In addition to the extra keystrokes, one must also find and know the given verse range in the chapter. All in all, extra time, extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Gen 1 > only gives v1

That is interesting.

I found that with Exo 1 - I only received Exodus 1:1.
    With Deu 1 - I only received Deuteronomy 1:1.

I didn't get the entire chapter like you did.

However, when I typed Exo 1-2, I also received Exodus 1:1-2.

Hello,

I am using BW 8 and have a similar problem.

When I do a search on a word and end up with many verse results, I want to copy them to the editor. I have tried every combination I can think of, but all it will copy is a single verse. I obviously cannot type in a range because they are interspersed throughout the Pentateuch (in this case).

I am thinking I am missing something simple, as I am a new user. Can anyone help?

Thank you,
    David Ballinger

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLBallinger View Post
    When I do a search on a word and end up with many verse results, I want to copy them to the editor. I have tried every combination I can think of, but all it will copy is a single verse. I obviously cannot type in a range because they are interspersed throughout the Pentateuch (in this case).
    David Ballinger
    David,

Try the "Copy Verse List + Text" command and then select "Copy to Clipboard" that should work! Make sure each of the little boxes to the left of each of the verses is checked before you do this though.

Quote Originally Posted by jimofbentley View Post
    I just checked, and I only have that problem when trying to import Hebrew (WTT). It works fine with both English (NIV) and Greek (BGT).

If I type in the complete range (Joshua 1:1-5) I have no problems in Hebrew.
    Thanks, Jim. I was, in fact, trying to import Hebrew (WTT). That is the predominate language that I work with, though I do plenty with Greek and English too. I know that if you type in the entire range as you did in your example (Joshua 1:1-5), there are no problems. But it should also work with an entire chapter entry like "Jos 1." The problem is that it doesn't. I can only guess that this is something that could easily be rectified? But, alas, I am not a programmer. But thanks for checking.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    In the Popup Copy window, when I key in an entire chapter entry such as "Jos 1," for instance, instead of copying the entire first chapter of Joshua, it only copies Joshua 1:1. Does anyone else get that? Is there a reason why it wouldn't just copy the entire chapter? Thanks for any feedback.
    Try "Jos 1:" apparently the colon signals you want the entire chapter. See if that works. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jthomp View Post
    Try "Jos 1:" apparently the colon signals you want the entire chapter. See if that works. It works for me.
    Will do, thanks. I hope I can remember that next time I go to copy an entire chapter.