Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to copy Hebrew to Word without it being right aligned

Default How to copy Hebrew to Word without it being right aligned

Didn't there used to be a way to copy Hebrew out of the Browse Window into Word without the text being right-aligned?

Please remind me how to do it. I've forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Brown View Post
    Didn't there used to be a way to copy Hebrew out of the Browse Window into Word without the text being right-aligned?

To help people give the answers, please provided additional info. What version of BibleWorks and what version of Word are you using? I believe the answers will change depending on what you want. Also do you want the exported text to be in Unicode or in BWHeb font?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Version & font info

Sorry, BW 8.0. Copying bwhebb, not unicode.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Brown View Post

I don't think it's possible in BW8. I seem to remember back several versions ago you could do this, but I've tried every which way with BW8 and it is always right-aligned.

I think that's the way it's supposed to be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I don't think it's possible in BW8. I seem to remember back several versions ago you could do this, but I've tried every which way with BW8 and it is always right-aligned.

I think that's the way it's supposed to be, though.
    Make sure you don't include a carriage return when you copy. If BW finds one it assumes you want the text right aligned.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Make sure you don't include a carriage return when you copy. If BW finds one it assumes you want the text right aligned.
    It still right-aligns the Hebrew when I paste into Word, even if I don't include a carriage return.

The only way it doesn't right-align is if I don't copy the whole verse. IOW, if I just copy SOME of the words in the verse, it left-aligns, but if I copy the whole verse, it right-aligns.

But I would rather have it that way, i.e., I would rather it right-aligns, just like it does.

It still right-aligns the Hebrew when I paste into Word, even if I don't include a carriage return.

The only way it doesn't right-align is if I don't copy the whole verse. IOW, if I just copy SOME of the words in the verse, it left-aligns, but if I copy the whole verse, it right-aligns.

But I would rather have it that way, i.e., I would rather it right-aligns, just like it does.
    I have always adjusted the alignment in the destination document (in MS Word) to suit whatever my preferences were at the time. With Hebrew, I usually like the text to be centered. But I think it would be nice to have the choice available in the BW Export settings. Is there a setting in BW that ensures no carriage return, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    I have always adjusted the alignment in the destination document (in MS Word) to suit whatever my preferences were at the time. With Hebrew, I usually like the text to be centered. But I think it would be nice to have the choice available in the BW Export settings. Is there a setting in BW that ensures no carriage return, by the way?
    Not that I'm aware of. It all depends on the range of your selection.

In any case, this is really a moot point with me (not to others, I know), but for me, I NEVER use Word for typing Hebrew. I use Davka for Hebrew, Hebrew/English, as it is inifinitely easier than Word, even with the language support that the XP/Vista/Win 7 have incorporated.

Not that I'm aware of. It all depends on the range of your selection.

In any case, this is really a moot point with me (not to others, I know), but for me, I NEVER use Word for typing Hebrew. I use Davka for Hebrew, Hebrew/English, as it is inifinitely easier than Word, even with the language support that the XP/Vista/Win 7 have incorporated.
    I have Davka and use it periodically too (though I usually use MS Word for sermons). I have a lot of the text libraries in Davka. So when I need text from Tanakh, I usually open up the text right there in Davka and copy and paste it into my DavkaWriter document. But I find myself using Davka less and less these days. I use it for certain things like preparing funeral services, etc. In other words, things rich in traditional Jewish liturgical content. But for sermons, my primarily tools are BW and MS Word.

All the text libraries that Davka Writer accommodates come standard.

I'm not aware of a single thing that you can do in Word that Davka doesn't do better, especially with Hebrew, Hebrew/English, English/Hebrew.

And that is especially true with integrating Hebrew and English in the same sentence, which you can do in Davak with a single keystroke and have ALL of the formatting taken care of automatically.