Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bibleworks crashing again

This is hopefully fixed in the patch discussed here:
    http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4358

Quote Originally Posted by MTan View Post
    While I haven't needed the fix, the fact that you guys went to all this trouble and produced a file which saves one from re-installation is yet another feather in your cap...

Davey Crocketts, one and all, I say! Yessir. One and all!

That's high praise indeed Scott. I grew up in Texas and Davey Crockett is a Texas hero (remember the Alamo?).

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    That's high praise indeed Scott. I grew up in Texas and Davey Crockett is a Texas hero (remember the Alamo?).
    If the REAL Davey Crockett (Fess Parker) had been at the Alamo, us Texans would have won.

Growing up in Texas you know what an Aggie is. That's what I are.

Hey Mike, I am currently running version or build 8.0.015e.1. Oddly, the automatic updater hasn't prompted me to update in quite a while (although the option to automatically update is still checked under 'Updater Options.'). I'm not horrendously worried by that since I can always update manually. Nevertheless, it is strange that I would suddenly stop getting prompted by the automatic updater to update.

Vis-a-vis manually updating, I've been a little leery about doing so in light of all the reports of the program crashing (though I have an American copy of Windows XP). Should I update manually? And, intuitively, is there any reason why I would have stopped receiving the prompts to update? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Irving

Default Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MTan View Post

Dear BW-Staff,

thank you for doing such a great job!!! Im very happy to own BW and to know, that you guys stand behind the program!

God bless you!

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Mike, I am currently running version or build 8.0.015e.1. Oddly, the automatic updater hasn't prompted me to update in quite a while (although the option to automatically update is still checked under 'Updater Options.'). I'm not horrendously worried by that since I can always update manually. Nevertheless, it is strange that I would suddenly stop getting prompted by the automatic updater to update.

Vis-a-vis manually updating, I've been a little leery about doing so in light of all the reports of the program crashing (though I have an American copy of Windows XP). Should I update manually? And, intuitively, is there any reason why I would have stopped receiving the prompts to update? Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Irving
    The latest update should get the automatic updater working again. The problem code has been removed so updates should be safe now. The only problems we saw were on non-English versions of XP sho you should be safe.
    Mike

Scott,

I went to Texas Tech and The University of Texas, so the Aggies (if you mean Texas A&M) were arch-rivals.

Actually the Alamo was a huge victory for the Texans. It delayed the Mexican army long enough for Sam Houston to gather his forces.

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Scott,

I went to Texas Tech and The University of Texas, so the Aggies (if you mean Texas A&M) were arch-rivals.

Actually the Alamo was a huge victory for the Texans. It delayed the Mexican army long enough for Sam Houston to gather his forces.
    Yeah, I mean Texas A&M, and I can remember the times in Austin and Lubbock. I suppose you also got by San Antonio to take a look at the Alamo. It's kind of nostalgic standing there, knowing its history and that it didn't happen all that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Yeah, I mean Texas A&M, and I can remember the times in Austin and Lubbock. I suppose you also got by San Antonio to take a look at the Alamo. It's kind of nostalgic standing there, knowing its history and that it didn't happen all that long ago.
    Yes, I have been to the Alamo, and also to San Jacinto down around Houston. I miss the clear skies and far horizons in west Texas. Too many trees here in Virginia.