Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bibleworks crashing again

For those of you who can't get BW to start, hold down the SHIFT key while opening BW and then choose the option to revert to an earlier version.

i forget something:

after showing the message, with the information about "bwbits80.dll" there was another one: "Canīt restore books.bna" and the same message for "books.bnb"

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    For those of you who can't get BW to start, hold down the SHIFT key while opening BW and then choose the option to revert to an earlier version.
    thank you Scott.
    But there is the same problem, even if I revert to an earlier version. I can not start BW.

Default Vista crashes, too!

Dear BW-Team, a friend of mine has also problems with the latest patch - while installing the patches and after (we tried couple of times) BW8 always crashes at startup showing an error message that tells something like this (NOT the exact wording): "You do not have read/write permission for the Bibleworks directory please start again with administrator permission" despite we ran it within an administrator account and also tried "run as administrator" as option. He runs Win Vista Home Edition on an Medion Notebook; Turion 64x2 1,8 GHz, 2 GB RAM.

Exclamation Win XP crashes!

I also installed the newest patch and as a result my BW8 is crashing, too! (I'm running it on Win XP (de) in an virtual machine [VirtualBox]) First I was experiencing some error messages like Stephanus - next time it didn't start at all and it seems like I lost every permission for the Bibleworks program directory... -- the little trick with the pressed SHIFTkey isn't working, since there is no way to start BW8 anymore - not via shortcuts nor with the program exe directly. >> Permission denied...
    Last edited by MickZ; 01-14-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Is there anyone who is having the startup problem who is NOT on XP?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Is there anyone who is having the startup problem who is NOT on XP?
    Notice that in the previous post MickZ related that one problem was on a Vista Home laptop.

One more question. Is there anyone with the problem who is NOT running on German XP?
    Thanks,
    Mike

One thing you can try is to copy the executable from your CD to the BW base directory. Then update as usual.

We had a good bit of trouble posting updates this afternoon. The internet connection broke several times during the updates and that may have compromised the files. We are still looking into it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kennete View Post
    I have the same problem as markusw had. I have run the latest update (8.0.015i) and it is crashing on my computer again
    Peter Forsberg ('Foppa') told me he had the same problem. He will be wearing the Tre Kronor at the Olympics in February.