Thread: BW8 Crash During Pasting with MS Word 2007

Default BW8 Crash During Pasting with MS Word 2007

Often times I use the CTRL-Shift-B function within MS Word 2007 to copy a verse or range of verses from BW8 into my Word document and I get the message, "BibleWorks has encountered a severe error and cannot continue. Which of the following actions would you like to perform during shutdown?" I have performed all of the recommended actions at one time or another, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem. This doesn't happen all the time time, but probably about 25% of the time. After the crash, I must restart my computer to get all my windows to work again. This is happening under Vista. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution? I never saw this problem under BW7...

Quote Originally Posted by cds View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?
    Checkout post number #13 on the following thread:
    http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...?t=4120&page=2
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

This is a BW8 problem, not a BW7 one. I had BW7 and this worked without problems...

I haven't experienced any problem like this. You seem to say that it has occurred sporadically. The more specific you can get about what exactly you were doing or copying, the closer someone else might get to being able to replicate it and then getting a fix to it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

To biggy-back on Michael's suggestion, are you copying from a single version or from multiple versions? If you have multiple versions, do they all contain the verses in question? E.g. if you "copy all display versions," and one or more of your display versions is Josephus or the Apostolic Fathers, BW would have an impossible time copying the biblical verses from those display version, and so a crash could follow. If that's not how your display versions are configured, then if you could document the steps you take to produce the crash, a possible bug could be discovered and fixed.
    God bless!
    Mark Eddy

These were the settings for the latest crash during the copy/paste function using CTRL-SHIFT-B and MS Word:
    What to copy: All verses
    Where to copy: Microsoft Word
    What versions to include: Search version only (in this case it was NAU)
    Output Format Options: Superscript verse numbers, export formatting, place reference before text

The verse I was copying was Eph 4 26.

After the program crashes, I also noticed that I can no longer switch between tabs anymore in Vista if MS Word remains open and maximized. I must minimize the Word window tab before I can select any of the other windows tabs.

Unless you have some problem with Unicode fonts, I suggest you go to
    Customer Support: Click here where the professionals can help you.

Mark Eddy

This may be a wide shot but I have had problems with MS Word causing program hangs and errors. The problem for me was the Microsoft Office Live sign in assistant version 1.4 from Microsoft update. This update synchronizes with an online MS data base when any Office 2007 app is open. Even if I tried to work offline the assistant would cause MS office progs to hang while it attempted a connection. After uninstalling the Office live sign in assistant ver1.4 I had no further problems. Unless you wish to have a perpetual live link to MS Office online which will use up unnecessary bandwidth anyway I would suggest uninstalling this update. You can easily connect to the site manually at your own discretion. the 1.4 sign in assistant is Just another example of Microsoft's invasive marketing tactics.
    This may or may not fix the problem