Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MS Windows 7 compatibility with BW 8, 7....

1. Default MS Windows 7 compatibility with BW 8, 7....

I currently use MS Vista as my OS and it works fine for me with BibleWorks 8.

Has the BW staff yet tested BW 8 with Microsoft Windows 7, which will come into general use late next month? I have pre-ordered it, and the great majotity of what I've read about it refers to it as a great improvement over Vista. But....can you tell me if you know that it will work with BW 8? And, if you have found that a patch will be needed (as BW 7 needed with Vista), how soon will it be available? Or, if you haven't yet tested it, can you tell me (and any othere interested readers ) how soon you might, so any possible incompatibilities will be addressed? - Thanks.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

3. Default Thanks! I hadn't seen the earlier post

Thanks, Scott. I had looked, but not thoroughly enough, to see if this had been addressed earlier. No surprise that the brothers at BibleWorks had already checked this out.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered View Post
    Thanks, Scott. I had looked, but not thoroughly enough, to see if this had been addressed earlier. No surprise that the brothers at BibleWorks had already checked this out.
    Actual experience may vary, but based on what I've read about Windows 7, the upgrade process should be more like going from Windows 2000 -> XP than Windows XP -> Vista. No doubt there will be snafus, but it shouldn't be such a chaotic implosion that was Vista. 7 seems to be more of a known quantity since it's been so widely distributed online in beta/trial versions.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

I may have to hook up another toaster or maybe even a microwave to my Commodore 64 to get Windows 7 on that, but from I hear about Windows 7, it'll be worth it.

I wonder what kinda commercials Apple is going to come up with now!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I wonder what kinda commercials Apple is going to come up with now!
    Something like, "No, really. It was only one virus."

I just got another netbook, a new eee Seashell with 10.5 hour battery life, and 2G RAM (upgraded), and I am very pleased to know that it works well with Windows 7...

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/note...C-1005HA-P.htm

Let's hope Windows 7 lives up to all the good vibes that are floating around.

Course, that don't mean I'm giving up my Commodor 64 as my main computer.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 09-14-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Default BibleWorks 8 and Windows 7

We have been using (and developing) BibleWorks 8 under Windows 7 for some time now. And we are now running the retail version (available early to developers). No problems. The BW 8 installation should not require any patches (though if you are installing BW 7 the patch will still be needed).

I really like Windows 7 - and you all know how much I disliked Vista. There are some very minor issues but nothing more than that. It is what Vista should have been. The upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 will be painless for most people.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    There are some very minor issues but nothing more than that.
    I'm not plugged in to the subscription like you guys. Anything I need to be aware of?

I have been using BibleWorks 8 on my Windows 7 eval version for a few months now and both are great. I never liked Vista and refused to use it and was concerned about Windows 7 (I am a software developer) but once we started using Windows Server 2008, which is similar to Windows 7 I went ahead and took the plunge. I am very pleased with the results.

BibleWorks 8 is outstanding and I have had zero problems so far with it on Windows 7. When you understand what goes into creating/maintaining/improving an application the size and scope of BibleWorks 8 you realize that the guys at BibleWorks are just plain scary!

Thanks much.

John