Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BW8 in Parallels on Snow Leopard?

Hybrid View

Default BW8 in Parallels on Snow Leopard?

Is anyone running BW8 under Parallels on a Mac running Snow Leopard? Are there any issues? I am still running it under Leopard, and do not want to upgrade if there are issues for BW8. Thanks.

In Christ,

Bret

I don't hav any issues running BW8 with Parallels 5, which you will need for Snow Leopard. Works the same as under Leopard.

Smile Parallels in Snow Leopard

I am awaiting receipt of my ordered BW8. I'll be running it on my macmini using Parallels 5.

I'm sure the previous post folks already know this; this is just general info for other potential Mac/Parallels users.

I love Parallels 5, everything works great. I do not use it with Bootcamp, it forced me to reactivate Windows and MS Office. Setup Windows XP or 7, I'm using both, as a virtual machine, don't use Bootcamp.

Another advantage of this setup is easy syncing with my Palm under Windows. I used to use Markspace Missing Sync, but I am now back using the Windows Palm HotSync process.

I've set the Parallels ram memory to 2 gigs. May I ask the others what memory settings you are using?

Thanks.

I have 4 gigs of memory total and set mine to 2 gigs. It runs great.

Default Parallels memory

I have 4 gigs in my MacPro; I let Parallels and OSX Leopard determine the memory allocation, and it works fine. I only run BW most of the time in Windows, so I really only want the resources necessary to do that, and BW is fast so I am happy.

In Christ,

Bret

Works great. MacBookPro 2.8Ghz Core2Duo with 4GB RAM, 1GB assigned to Parallels.

If you do any language work, be sure to install the Unicode fonts on the Mac side that you are using for Unicode exports. Then you can copy from BW8, and paste into the Mac with everything intact. I personally use GFS Porson for Greek, and Ezra SIL for Hebrew, all freely available if you Google them. I don't care for the SBL Greek font, personally.

Default BW8 on a MacBook Air

Quote Originally Posted by brethicks View Post
    Is anyone running BW8 under Parallels on a Mac running Snow Leopard? Are there any issues? I am still running it under Leopard, and do not want to upgrade if there are issues for BW8. Thanks.

In Christ,

Bret
    I just finished installing and testing BW8 on my brand new MacBook Air 11" running Snow Leopard. I first installed Wine, did not have to install a Windows OS, copied the BW8 installation DVD files over my home network to the MacBook, used the Disc Utility to created a disc image from the folder containing the BW8 files, created a hybrid cdr iso / joliet disc image on my desktop, started Wine, mounted the new iso disc image, double clicked the autorun.exe file inside the Wine files c:\program files\bibleworks folder and voila! It works like a charm.

I had to get a mac for the ministry I work with (they won't use anything else), and MUCH prefer Windows 7, but hey, this seems to work great.

Hi

I have a New Macbook Pro " I7 CPU 15" Display". I am using Lion, with Parallel 6 on Windows 7. I am using Bibleworks 8 and it seems to be running find. The computer came with Lion. If I had my choice I would probably use Snow Leopard, " Lion does not run older programs such as Office 2008 and many others, you also have to update most of your drivers, the programs you run most be Intel base programs.

Hope this helps

Ken

Default New Mac user and I need help!

Help.me!

I have a new IMac and I had read all the recommendations here. I bought Parallels 7, upgraded to BW9, downloaded windows 7 and I cannot get bibleworks to even download...it will not read it when I am in parallels...I'm so distressed tonight...wondering if I've make a mistake in buying a Mac. I've wanted one for years and haven't switched because of BW...and I can't get it to work. What can I do? How can I get BW to load when I'm in parallels? So frustrated right now. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by AprilT View Post
    Help.me!

I have a new IMac and I had read all the recommendations here. I bought Parallels 7, upgraded to BW9, downloaded windows 7 and I cannot get bibleworks to even download...it will not read it when I am in parallels...I'm so distressed tonight...wondering if I've make a mistake in buying a Mac. I've wanted one for years and haven't switched because of BW...and I can't get it to work. What can I do? How can I get BW to load when I'm in parallels? So frustrated right now. Help!
    Are you able to get Windows 7 to boot correctly in Parallels? Once I installed Windows 7 in Parallels 7 and it booted, I then installed BW from the DVD as you would with a normal installation and everything worked fine for me. I love running BW on my MacBook Pro and hope you will as well. Please fill in some more details for us so we can help you get it running.

By His Grace,

Lincoln