Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Do That???

Default How Do You Do That???

I am wanting to find all the Perfect Tense Verbs in a certain chapter.

I set my Search Parameters to SCM and Limits to Rev 6.
    I then type in .*@vix*.
    It doesn't like what I am asking...

therefore I must be doing something wrong!

Any suggestions?

If you have your limits set to Rev 6 there are no matches in that chapter for your criteria. IOW, there are no VIX in Revelation 6 in SCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    If you have your limits set to Rev 6 there are no matches in that chapter for your criteria. IOW, there are no VIX in Revelation 6 in SCM.
    At first I thought, "Doh!" Then I went back and searched the whole NT. It still balks.

The weird thing is when I type ".*@vix*" I actually get ".;@vix*". This is why I think I am doing something wrong.

If I set SCM as my search version and search the whole NT with --

.*@vix*

I get 731 verses with 277 forms as my search result. IOW, everything works fine.

If I set SCM as my search version and search the whole NT with --

.*@vix*

I get 731 verses with 277 forms as my search result. IOW, everything works fine.
    The following attachment is a Screen Capture.

As I mentioned, when I type ".*@vix*" I actually get ".;@vix*".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Why do you have a period AND a semi-colon? You can't do that. Remove the semi-colon, or remove the period. You can't have both.

You also need the asterisk BEFORE the @. IOW, you search should look EXACTLY like this --

.*@vix*

Why do you have a period AND a semi-colon? You can't do that. Remove the semi-colon, or remove the period. You can't have both.

You also need the asterisk BEFORE the @. IOW, you search should look EXACTLY like this --

.*@vix*

Take a look at my previous posts please.

Whenever I type * [SHIFT-8], it always gives me that ";" at that one location. Why? I donot know. I was thinking I had been doing something wrong, because it gives me * after the @.

You didn't say that it was automatically putting in the semi-colon. If that's the case, then it's a problem specific to your system because it doesn't happen on any of my computers.

Either way, as I said before, you can NOT have BOTH the period AND the semi-colon. Get rid of one of them, and also put the asterisk BEFORE the @ sign, which you did NOT do in your example.

Default Accent-sensitive searching is on

The problem with the search is that you have accent-sensitive searching turned on. If you look at the 5 boxes immediately below the Command Line, you see that the 3rd box is yellow. This is an indicator that the accent-sensitive searching is turned on. You can place your cursor on that box to see the options that are set.

To turn off the accent-sensitive search, right-click within the Command Line and uncheck the Accent-Sensitive Searching (Greek) option toward the bottom of the list.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    The problem with the search is that you have accent-sensitive searching turned on....
    Glenn, this is exactly what I needed.

Thank you.