Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: How Do You Do That???

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default How Do You Do That???

    I am wanting to find all the Perfect Tense Verbs in a certain chapter.

    I set my Search Parameters to SCM and Limits to Rev 6.
    I then type in .*@vix*.
    It doesn't like what I am asking...

    therefore I must be doing something wrong!

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    If you have your limits set to Rev 6 there are no matches in that chapter for your criteria. IOW, there are no VIX in Revelation 6 in SCM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    If you have your limits set to Rev 6 there are no matches in that chapter for your criteria. IOW, there are no VIX in Revelation 6 in SCM.
    At first I thought, "Doh!" Then I went back and searched the whole NT. It still balks.

    The weird thing is when I type ".*@vix*" I actually get ".;@vix*". This is why I think I am doing something wrong.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    If I set SCM as my search version and search the whole NT with --

    .*@vix*

    I get 731 verses with 277 forms as my search result. IOW, everything works fine.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    If I set SCM as my search version and search the whole NT with --

    .*@vix*

    I get 731 verses with 277 forms as my search result. IOW, everything works fine.
    The following attachment is a Screen Capture.

    As I mentioned, when I type ".*@vix*" I actually get ".;@vix*".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Why do you have a period AND a semi-colon? You can't do that. Remove the semi-colon, or remove the period. You can't have both.

    You also need the asterisk BEFORE the @. IOW, you search should look EXACTLY like this --

    .*@vix*

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    838

    Default Search error

    Quote Originally Posted by johncalvinhall View Post
    The following attachment is a Screen Capture.

    As I mentioned, when I type ".*@vix*" I actually get ".;@vix*".
    You have accent sensitive searching turned on. You can tell from the yellow color on the third square under the command line. When accent sensitive searching is on the keyboard changes to enable you to type accents. In this mode you have to press the INSERT key before typing wildcards. You can turn off accent sensitive searching by right clicking on the command line and selecting the option towards the end of the menu.

    Mike

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •