Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: shortcut keys to multiple monitors.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    194

    Default shortcut keys to multiple monitors.

    I have a problem, and although I have looked I have not yet found the solution, so I will ask for our help. I have 3 monitors on my computer (I originally only wanted two, but hey I am not going to complain with three) for some reason my computer thinks that anytime I press a number between 1 and 3, that this is some kind of shortcut key so it places whatever I am working on in the appropriate monitor between one and three. This for me has become a Bible works issue since I spend time on it, and I am very often doing typing numbers, however, just recently while Bibleworks was jumping from monitor two to monitor one, I somehow lost my browse window, I don't know what happened to it, it claims that it is there, but I cannot find it, I can make due by opening a new browse window, but would much prefer to have my old one back, does anyone know how to reset the original configuration? and also does anyone know how to get rid of this most annoying shortcut keys for the monitors, all help is much appreciated.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    194

    Default

    searching through the BibleWorks Help files, I did find a way to reset my configuration using the BBW configuration Manager by enabling it and then clicking "Initialize and Load" at startup you can reset the original settings. With this I now have my browse window back. However, I still do not know what to do with the shortcut keys for switching monitors.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sansom48 View Post
    searching through the BibleWorks Help files, I did find a way to reset my configuration using the BBW configuration Manager by enabling it and then clicking "Initialize and Load" at startup you can reset the original settings. With this I now have my browse window back. However, I still do not know what to do with the shortcut keys for switching monitors.
    Do you use a multi-monitor tool like UltraMon? It sounds like something is controlling your configuration but rather erratically. If you have something that you know how to run, that might tweak this problem.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Thank you Mike, I am not using UltraMon, but I was using an external adapter for the third monitor, when you mentioned what it sounded like to you, I checked the driver for this adapter and found that it was the culprit, it had added the shortcut keys and I did not know it when it was installed, so I have switched the shortcut keys and have now fixed the issue at hand. so thank you very much.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sansom48 View Post
    Thank you Mike, I am not using UltraMon, but I was using an external adapter for the third monitor, when you mentioned what it sounded like to you, I checked the driver for this adapter and found that it was the culprit, it had added the shortcut keys and I did not know it when it was installed, so I have switched the shortcut keys and have now fixed the issue at hand. so thank you very much.
    Hey Chris (and Michael), I notice both you guys have an MDiv from Concordia Seminary. Do you guys know each other from there?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Chris (and Michael), I notice both you guys have an MDiv from Concordia Seminary. Do you guys know each other from there?
    Yes, both from there and undergraduate as well. Chris will love me sharing this, but I was his Greek tutor. I hear he still has nightmares about it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Yes, both from there and undergraduate as well. Chris will love me sharing this, but I was his Greek tutor. I hear he still has nightmares about it.
    That's really cool! And funny too (esp. re the nightmares).

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    In case anyone is interested, I've got a Wireless Helmut Hookup (WHH) to my souped-up Commodore 64.

    Essentially, it's very similar to the on-screen displays that a fighter pilot employs. In fact, my Helmut is a modified Apachee Helicopter Helumt Display Unit (HHDU).

    The way I have it set up at the moment is to have BibleWorks running on the left side of my Visor Display Field (VDF), while I multi-task with the environment with the right side, i.e., while I use my eyes to see where I'm going.

    As long as the micro-waves and blenders are providing enough power to my Commodore 64 back at home, and as long as I have connectivity to a wireless network, I'm good to go no matter where I am.

    For example, while I was looking at a nice sweater for my wife for a Christmas present at the local department store through the right side of my Visor Display Field (VDF), I was also working through one of my synopsis files in BibleWorks on the left side of my Visor Display Field(VDF).

    The sheriff who works security at the store gave me a few wierd looks since my Visor Display Unit (VDU) is tinted dark so nobody can see my face, but other than that, everything went swimmingly.

    I'll be happy to share the specs if anyone wants 'em.

    But you have to have a Commodor 64, or you can forget it.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    ...but you have to have a Commodor 64, or you can forget it.
    You're filling us all with equipment envy. I didn't even start out on Commodor; I was a CPM guy (KayPro) when I started.

    Dale A. Brueggemann

    כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann View Post
    You're filling us all with equipment envy. I didn't even start out on Commodor; I was a CPM guy (KayPro) when I started.
    Ditto. Yes, indeed you are. At first, I thought you were joking. Modern technolgy makes all things possible.
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •