Thread: Word/Analysis Tabs

Default Word/Analysis Tabs

I originally posted this in User-created databases, so that in itself identifies my experience level. But here is my question:

I think in the older version of BWs you used to be able to have something like the like word tab showing when you had the analysis tab open. Is there anyway to do that now? I would like to have the word tab open always, but not at the cost of the analysis tab

The closest I can come to doing what you want is to open a secondary browse window. It has the analysis window at the bottom. Cover up the browse window with the secondary browse window, and open up your word tab instead of the analysis tab. This way you will have both your analysis window and the word tabs open, both controlled by the secondary browse window.
    Mark Eddy

Default Word and Analysis tab

[This is a more appropriate forum, so I moved my reply to here.]

Do you mean something like this? http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...98&postcount=3
    (The screen image is from BW7, but you can set similar layout for BW8.)

Use the Browse Window options menu (the little green check over the book icon in the browse header). You can display additional word and analysis windows.

Default wow, I had no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    Do you mean something like this? http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...98&postcount=3

Use the Browse Window options menu (the little green check over the book icon in the browse header). You can display additional word and analysis windows.
    This is pretty neat and fasinating. Is it possible to save these settings on exit or in other words, have BW8 open with this layout every time? If so, could you explain exactly how you do that. Thanks
    נֹתֵ֣ן לֶ֭חֶם לְכָל־בָּשָׂ֑ר כִּ֖י לְעוֹלָ֣ם חַסְדּֽוֹ׃

Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    This is pretty neat and fasinating. Is it possible to save these settings on exit or in other words, have BW8 open with this layout every time? If so, could you explain exactly how you do that. Thanks
    No, BibleWorks does not (currently) remember the placement of secondary windows. Every time you open BW you have to open them up again, and place them where you want them. BW will open up to the last verse you were viewing in the secondary browse window, but it will open in the main browse window.
    You might want to make a request in the appropriate forum, and see how possible it would be to have BW remember the position of all such secondary windows.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    The closest I can come to doing what you want is to open a secondary browse window. It has the analysis window at the bottom. Cover up the browse window with the secondary browse window, and open up your word tab instead of the analysis tab. This way you will have both your analysis window and the word tabs open, both controlled by the secondary browse window.
    Mark Eddy

Mark, thanks. I think this might work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    [This is a more appropriate forum, so I moved my reply to here.]

Greg, this is a little more complicated than what I was looking for. However, I wish I had time to study like this. Thanks for sharing this with me. Skip