Thread: Re-installing BibleWorks

Question Re-installing BibleWorks

I opened BibleWorks this morning, and could not get the right-hand windows in the command centre to open.

Not knowing how to bring them up again, I reinstalled the program, but when I went to the update thing, I got a message that there were no new updates.

So I clicked on Show Downloaded patches and got a bewildering array of patches. I am confused as to what to download.

My lexicons that I added later seem to be coming up OK.

David McKay

Could I have got things back by simply getting rid of the ini file? [Which one is it, by the way? Everything has worked fine for so long, I've forgotten!]

Thanks for any help you can give.

Default What version #?

David,

When you open BW what version # is it displaying? I have 10v.

If you are still showing that version then you are in good shape. I am not sure how that would be. If you reinstalled from the CD, I would think it would copy down a new ini file. However, I guess it is possible that it kept the old one or something.

If you are not showing 10v. The do the following:

1. Go to tools - options - Option Flags.

2. Under shutdown options select "Initialie new ini file on exit" - select OK

3. Close BW and restart.

(These are the steps you could have followed to create a new ini file rather than reinstalling.)

4. Once that is done see what vesion BW is displaying. If it is now 10v go to the updates and see what it shows you.

5. If you do not see any updates (when not displaying dowloaded patches) the display the downloaded patches and reinstall the last one listed for the exe. (There was a 10r and a 10u - try one of those).

6. If you have to reinstall a previous patch (i.e. 10r or 10u) then check for updates again after this to see if 10v will display for you.

That all sound complicated, but it should do the trick.

Hope it helps.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Question Re-register?

Now that I have reinstalled BibleWorks, the About BibleWorks dialogue box says my copy is unregistered, though I previously registered.
    Does this matter?

How could I re-register, or is there a code I have to type in somewhere?

Thanks for any help
    David McKay

Default Oh yes!

Well, my previous post is probably worthless...yes you need to enter the registration code.

Your registration code is in the inside cover of your manual. I am surprised that it did not ask you for this when you re-installed. I am not sure how to enter this after the program is installed??
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default You have to reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by Gontroppo
    Now that I have reinstalled BibleWorks, the About BibleWorks dialogue box says my copy is unregistered, though I previously registered.
    Does this matter?

How could I re-register, or is there a code I have to type in somewhere?

Thanks for any help
    David McKay
    It probably doesn't matter. This happened to me some time back and I finally reinstalled right on top of the old install just because it bothered me. I filled in the data and all is fine.