Thread: New Testament Peshitta

Default New Testament Peshitta

I am a new Bibleworks 8 user and one of the modules that I purchased was the NT Peshitta. The text appears with the analysis window alongside it but in the browse window, the text appears with the Latin alphabet. I am wondering if one of the longstanding users might know if there is a font that I need to download (or some other thing) in order for the Syriac alphabet to appear in the Browse window. I am admittedly a newcomer to Bibleworks and my computer skills are average at best so any help from another user would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by frgarymueller View Post
    I am a new Bibleworks 8 user and one of the modules that I purchased was the NT Peshitta. The text appears with the analysis window alongside it but in the browse window, the text appears with the Latin alphabet. I am wondering if one of the longstanding users might know if there is a font that I need to download (or some other thing) in order for the Syriac alphabet to appear in the Browse window. I am admittedly a newcomer to Bibleworks and my computer skills are average at best so any help from another user would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Go to Tools | Options | Fonts and make sure that bwhebb is the font in your Hebrew box.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Go to Tools | Options | Fonts and make sure that bwhebb is the font in your Hebrew box.
    Actually, if you have the whole Peshitta module, the font you need is Bwheba. The font not only needs to be in the BW fonts directory, but it needs to be copied to the Windows font folder, and (I think) you may need to reboot, before the font go into effect.
    Mark Eddy

I went to the BW Options Window under fonts and listed under font sets-Hebrew, I have listed Bwhebb. The peshitta module though is still showing the latin letters. I, however, do not have in my Bibleworks font folder nor in the Windows font folder a font named "Bwheba". Where might I go to find this font?

The Bwheba font should be either on your installation disk with the other fonts or in the Peshitta module unlock. When I installed BW8, I installed everything at once, so I don't know how to get this font if it is not in the BW8 main BW folder. If you can't find it in that folder using "My Computer" try Customer Support: Click here
    Mark Eddy

Default Thanks

Mr. Eddy:

It is working now. Thanks very much and a blessed Christmas to you!