Thread: Formatting Help

Default Formatting Help

I have an old program that contains the text of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures and it allows me to export the version. I am going to try and compile it for use in Bible Works. Would someone format the following verses for me correctly so I don't screw the whole project up and have to reinstall like was implied in the manual?

Dan

Gen 1:1
    1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    Gen 1:2
    2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.
    Gen 1:3
    3 And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

Default Nwt

The NWT is already available for compiling.
    See this thread here.http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385
    Ben

Default Not Helpful

I am trying to make sure of the format as I have a few Bibles that are not available and legal to download at least, but I have legal copies from older pieces of software. Lets pretend this is the fgdjghdkf version. How do I format it?

Dan
    Last edited by ddyke; 08-25-2004 at 06:42 PM. Reason: CLARIFY A LINE

Default How to do it

Quote Originally Posted by ddyke
    Gen 1:1
    1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
    Gen 1:2
    2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.
    Gen 1:3
    3 And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.
    It should look like this:
    Gen 1:1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.Gen 1:2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God's active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.
    Gen 1:3 And God proceeded to say: "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

Save it as a text file.
    Create a new .ddf file
    Give it a unique version ID, like NWT
    Give it a description
    check the install after compiling box and
    Hit compile.

I did everything I just detailed with the verses above and it was installed in BW without a hitch.

Hope that helps

Default Thanks

Thanks, that was what I needed