Thread: Tutorials for using Futato's BW Lessons for Hebrew

Default Tutorials for using Futato's BW Lessons for Hebrew

Dear All,

I have created several tutorials that walk students through three of Mark Futato's lessons for using BW in Hebrew (available only with BW 7.0 and before). Those who are teachers may find them helpful, and I believe students of biblical hebrew will be helped in their knowledge of BW as well.

You can access the tutorials here:
    Futato BW Lesson 1 Tutorial
    Futato BW Lesson 2 Tips
    Futato BW Lesson 4 - Task 1 video
    Futato BW Lesson 4 - Tasks 2-3 video

For the techies, I created the first two tutorials with Wink (free) and the last two with Camtasia Studio 7.1. Lord willing, I'll be creating more and will update this post with links.

Blessings
    Philip

Hey Philip,

Is that to say that there'd be no use watching these videos if one has BW 8?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    ISalzman, I've just watch the videos and I personally think they are helpful even if you have BibleWorks8.
    In fact he seems to be using and making mention of version 8 in the videos. They are not that long and you are give then the option to skip to sections most interesting to you.

THE POST SCRIPT:
    His point I believe is that Mark Futato's Grammar(in electronic form) is only available in BibleWorks 6 and 7 also there is an add on module for BibleWorks 8. Futato's grammar has a lesson devoted to teaching Students how to use BibleWorks. And, these videos are based on Futato's lesson, it appears. So, teachers using either the printed editions or the electronic edition would find ways to use BibleWorks in their classes. However, as these videos also go over important task related to running queries on the WTM/WTT in BibleWorks they are useful to anyone with any edition of BibleWorks and since Futato's lesson are displayed in the videos there is no need to have Futato's book.

I think these Videos are important since most people make tutorials and videos for BibleWorks tend to focus on giving instructions on using the Greek texts in BibleWorks it is nice change Mr. Brown has created BW helps for the Hebraist.
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 11-09-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Hbr hdwt, Brian.

Default Videos are done using BW 8

Hey Philip,

No, I'm using BW 8 to do the video. The point that the Futato "Basic Hebrew" that came with BW 6 & 7 was removed from the base package in BW 8.

Thanks for the response.

Thumbs up

Hbr hdwt, Brian.
    No, problem. Plus, that was likely a question others would ask, too.

And, by the way BibleWorks 6 came with a 'Basic' Hebrew for Bible Study tutorial

But, the full Grammar: Beginning Biblical Hebrew, 2nd printing, by Dr. Mark Futato, Copyright 2003 by Eisenbrauns is also available in BW format is for 25.00USD at http://store.bibleworks.com/FBHG.html

(I neither own a hard copy nor an electronic copy of Futato's Grammar so I don't know anything of it's merits other than that it is in BW format. I have used: (1)Weingreen a Grammar for Classical Hebrew (2) Biblical Hebrew Step by Step volumes 1 and 2 by (3) The first Hebrew primer . Weingreen's grammar is also in BW format)

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Brown View Post
    No, I'm using BW 8 to do the video. The point that the Futato "Basic Hebrew" that came with BW 6 & 7 was removed from the base package in BW 8.
    Well, that confirms it.
    Anyway, THANK YOU FOR YOUR LABOR OF LOVE. THOSE ARE SOME HELPFUL DEMONSTRATIONS.
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 11-10-2010 at 12:54 AM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/