Thread: HB Search: byom + perfect verb

Default HB Search: byom + perfect verb

I am not sure I can do this in BW8. I am curious about the disagreement concerning the syntax in Gen 1:1: In the beginning God created OR as a clause When first God created... I am looking for similar phrases and their use. I want to try looking at byom + perfect form of (any) verb, with a clear clausal function. Or must the expression always be followed by an infinitive (as in Gen 3:5)? Can I set up a search like that?

Quote Originally Posted by MBD View Post
    I want to try looking at byom + perfect form of (any) verb, with a clear clausal function. Or must the expression always be followed by an infinitive (as in Gen 3:5)? Can I set up a search like that?
    In BibleWorks it is possible to run queries on the WTM's grammatical features, morphological tags, and accents but not on 'syntactical functions'. This is because there aren't any syntactical database in BibleWorks, yet. I am definitely not an expert at conducting queries in the GSE but I'll give this one a try till someone more proficient comes along.

Alright, here's my attempt at composing this query:
    (1)Selected the WTM as your search version
    (2)Open the GSE(Graphic Search Engine)
    (3)Create and link three word boxes
    (5)In the appropriate words and morphologies
    (6)Press go to initiate the query

1st box Word: Leave this blank) Morph: @v?p*
    2nd box Word:
    יוֹם morph:@*
    3rd box Word:
    בְּ morph:@*
    This first query searches for any form of b ywm followed by any prefect verb

1st box: Word: ( Leave this blank) Morph: @v?c*
    2nd box: Word:
    יוֹם morph:@*
    3rd box: Word:
    This 2nd query searches for any form of b ywm followed by by any verb infinitive construct

1st box: Word: (Leave this blank) Morph: @v?c*
    2nd box: Word:
    יוֹם morph:@ncms*
    3rd box: Word:
    This 3rd query searches for linear strings where any preposition b is followed by any noun common masculine singular of b ywm then any verb infinitive construct.

If, I have misunderstood you or if for any reason the results are strange reply back to this thread, please. And, if someone else has a better way please correct me or post your own answer to this question.

Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/