Thread: Search Window Highlighted Text

Default Search Window Highlighted Text

Is there a way to change the highlighting on a search word in the search window? Currently, when I do a search on a word, the results come back with the word of interest highlighted with a pale yellow background...unfortunately, I can hardly see it due to being partially color-blind. Can I change the highlighting color to something more visually dramatic? It would be helpful if I could also make the same changes in the browse window...

Quote Originally Posted by cds View Post
    Is there a way to change the highlighting on a search word in the search window? Currently, when I do a search on a word, the results come back with the word of interest highlighted with a pale yellow background...unfortunately, I can hardly see it due to being partially color-blind. Can I change the highlighting color to something more visually dramatic? It would be helpful if I could also make the same changes in the browse window...
    Tools | Options | General | Option Strings | Found Text

I would like to add a note here. I have had computer troubles and had to reload BW's a couple of times of the this year. I do not find the placement or access to this feature - changing the color of the found text - to be intuitive. I always look in two or three other places, than I have to think - "I know I found it some place before" (because I too have trouble seeing it at its default setting. My first choice would be right click and have this be one of the options available through that simple step. There are two color options there already, this adds the the fogginess in my aging brain when I try to remember where it is that I can change the color of the found text.

Al

Default Need more help

I too am having problems change the default setting for the "hit highligt" The yellow does not show up on my laptop very well. When I right click on the highlight it does not give me option of a color change, except for over riding the search file completely. Is there a way to change the default color setting? I have looked everwhere and tried everything I can think. Also is there a way to change a highlighted text without re-highlighting it in white?

Dear Chas,
    Just do what Adelphos wrote earlier in this thread:
    Tools | Options | General | Option Strings | Found Text
    Then double click on the "Background" box (which shows your current hit highlighting color), and you'll get a popup grid of possible colors. Click on the one you want and ckick "OK." You'll see your new highlighting color in the search list and in the browse window.
    Mark Eddy

Thank you Mr. Eddy. It worked great!!

Chas

Default more problems

Before I posted the in this tread I did a search for all the verbs in a pasage. Inorder to view them on a black & white print out I chaned the color, made them bold, and underlined them. Now I can not get ride the highlights, bold, and underlings. If I go back and select them and change wverthing to white on the apply color to browes window textI dissapears until I exit and restart the program. Then the color, bold, and underlinings are back. How can I get ride of this? I'm obviously a new commer!!

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

To turn off the text coloring from search results, to to Tools | Viewing the text | Apply Colors to Search Results. In the bottom left corner uncheck the two boxes listed under "Display Options". This will turn off the colors and text formatting that you applied. If you wish to display the colors again, just check the boxes.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Thanks, and I didn't realize this was a customer support issue.

charlie

Hi Charlie,

The statement about customer support is in my signature file. I didn't mean for it to apply to your question.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.