Thread: Quirky BW Forum "Stuff"

Default Quirky BW Forum "Stuff"

A very helpful feature of these BW forums is that forum participants are notified of new posts by the "bolded" Thread name and the icon labeled "See New." For whatever reason, recently, this feature seems to be working very quirky for me. About half the time, the thread name is not bolded and there is no accompanying icon "See New," even when there are new posts in that thread. Anybody else experiencing this?

I don't know if I have seen any quirks.
    However, if you leave the forum and come back, the forum seems to assume that you read all the threads which had been bold previously. So they will no longer be bold. Only threads which have had additions since the last time you were in the forum will be bold. My guess is that the software assumes that if you did not open the thread when you first visited the forum, you were not interested in that thread, so it does not remind you that you have not read it. The forum knows who you are and when you leave and come back. That might account for what you consider quirks.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I don't know if I have seen any quirks.
    However, if you leave the forum and come back, the forum seems to assume that you read all the threads which had been bold previously. So they will no longer be bold. Only threads which have had additions since the last time you were in the forum will be bold. My guess is that the software assumes that if you did not open the thread when you first visited the forum, you were not interested in that thread, so it does not remind you that you have not read it. The forum knows who you are and when you leave and come back. That might account for what you consider quirks.
    Mark Eddy
    Thanks for your best guess. You may be right, although this phenomenon is only quite recent. I've never experienced this before. At any rate, I'm hopeful of not losing any sleep over this. If this were my only problem in life, I'd be doing quite well!