Thread: hebrew flash cards

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Borger View Post
    A separate issue arose as I was arranging vocabulary and using the verse finder (or example finder, I forgot what it is called). The interrogative "he" shows itself properly when I place the cursor on top of it, but when I right-click and search for that lemma, the results include all of the definite articles as well as interrogative "he" particles. Is this just a bug that needs reporting to customer service?
    It is not a bug. What is your search version? If it is WTT, BW is designed to look up every instance of the spelling you type on the command line. Even in WTM a search on a certain spelling will show all homonyms. This is very common. If you search for a certain triliteral stem, your results will includes cognate nouns, verbs, adjectives, or whatever, as long as a lexicon spells the lemma the same.
    If you want to limit the search to the interrogative H, you will have to search in WTM and type: .h@Pg* on the command line. The "g" designates the interrogative as opposed to "a" which would be the article.
    In general, after you type the Hebrew stem you want on the command line (with WTM as the search version) type @, and BibleWorks will suggest possible ways to limit your search. Choose the options you want to search, or use wildcards if the options don't matter to you.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 09-22-2009 at 11:36 PM.