Thread: Show all Hebrew lexicons in auto-info window

1. Default Show all Hebrew lexicons in auto-info window

Forgive me if this has already been asked & answered.
    Under "General Greek options" in the Option Flags, there is the box that can be checked or not that says "Show entries from all Greek lexicons in auto-info window." Looking in the "General Hebrew Options" section, there are references to the AIW, but nothing about showing 'entries from all Hebrew lexicons in auto-info window.'
    Is this possible now, and I'm missing it? If it's not now possible, can it either: a) be added now as feature, by way of a patch, or b) be added in 7.0?
    Pardon me, if I'm asking too much, from an already marvelous product and company!
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Not there

That option is not there currently. I am not sure why it was not added, but in general the Hebrew lexicon entries are much longer, so you would have a lot of data to page through in the AIW.

Everyone has their preferences. I like to see brief entries in the AIW. If I need more I will open the lexcon browser. I am sure others like just the opposite.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Default All lexicons

This has bene asked before. IIRC, one of the BW Mike's said that each lexicon looks up the word differently, so they can't all be looked up together. In retrospect, that doesn't make tons of sense to me, but I'm probably forgetting something. It made sense at the time.
    Ben

Default Show All Hebrew Lexicons

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett B. Wethered
    Forgive me if this has already been asked & answered.
    Under "General Greek options" in the Option Flags, there is the box that can be checked or not that says "Show entries from all Greek lexicons in auto-info window." Looking in the "General Hebrew Options" section, there are references to the AIW, but nothing about showing 'entries from all Hebrew lexicons in auto-info window.'
    Hi Bennett,

This has been on our very long list of things to do for a long time. We haven't gotten to it primarily because it is more difficult than the Greek due to the fact that Hebrew lemmas are not consistent between lexicons. But we hope to make the change eventually. Note that you can get at this info indirectly via the Lexical and Grammatical Help window in 6.0.

God bless,
    Mike

5. Default display of Hebrew lexicons in AIW

Thank you, Michael. Knowing all the wonderful 'tweaks' you guys have added to BW, I'm not surprised that you do plan to add this feature. Yes, I know I can get the same info via the Lexical and Grammatical help window; I'm just looking toward the convenience of the AIW.
    In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org