Thread: Propositional analysis tool

Default Propositional analysis tool

I just found a fantastic propositional analysis tool while explore the Tyndale House tool bar for web browsers. The site calls it "arcing," for reasons that will be obvious when you look at it. But it's the most useful tool I've ever seen for breaking down the logical flow of a text.

Here's the link: http://www.biblearc.com

Actually, this would be a fantastic thing to have in Bible Works.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Continuing with the wish list, Logos includes a syntactical analysis database for both the Hebrew OT and Greek NT. It's functioning is rather esoteric, but it's still a great way to see graphically the relationships between clauses and phrases in a passage. Maybe a combination of the two (the syntax databases and the "arcing" tools for editing).

The biggest advantage would be speed (Logos is sssslllloooowwww).

Thumbs up Syntax and logical flow

Wouldn't such a combination be wonderful in BW. And imagine how well it would be implemented if it were in BW instead of that OTHER program.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

It would be nice if the Tyndale Toolbar was not so intrusive. It is a useful item, but every time I hid it from IE, it would force itself back into the active state.

I simply won't tolerate that. Whenever a program forces itself on me, I uninstall it and wipe it from my computer, which is what I did with the Tyndale Toolbar.

If they would reprogram it so that it would stay hidden until called for, I would be happy to reinstall it.

Default Intrusive toolbar

I too like to turn off things like this and have them on only when I consciously want them on for use. I used that toolbar in IE and now with Mozilla Firefox. In neither browser did I have the problem you mention. I would have hated that too, and my solution would have been the same you applied. Sorry to hear that, because it's a pretty useful set of tools made ready to hand in that toolbar.

Dale A. Brueggemann

Quote Originally Posted by Dale A. Brueggemann View Post
    I too like to turn off things like this and have them on only when I consciously want them on for use. I used that toolbar in IE and now with Mozilla Firefox. In neither browser did I have the problem you mention. I would have hated that too, and my solution would have been the same you applied. Sorry to hear that, because it's a pretty useful set of tools made ready to hand in that toolbar.
    Well, if you haven't experienced it then it's either something specific to my machine or -- more likely -- a configuration issue in which certain settings of IE trigger this behavior.

I liked the tool very much, but it just became too intrusive. Maybe someone will report it and they'll get it worked out.