Thread: Copy Greek from Logos Commentary to Bibleworks Search

Default Copy Greek from Logos Commentary to Bibleworks Search

I want to highlight some greek from the New International Greek New Testament Commentary in Logos and have Bibleworks search on that greek; however, when I try to copy paste, the characters do not show up properly.

Anyone know how to do this?

I am guessing that what you're doing is copying and pasting directly into the command line in BibleWorks? If so, you can't do that. You'll be pasting in Unicode text, but the BibleWorks command line works using it's internal font -- that way it knows to show Greek letters when you are in a Greek version, Hebrew when you are in Hebrew, etc.

So if you want to search, just type in what you're looking for, don't paste into the command line.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Logosfont vs Bibleworksfont

Hi,

Logos uses the GraecaII font (no unicode font!), while Bibleworks has its own font. The two fonts actually have almost the same workaround. In BWGRKL an a + , makes an a with the acutus. In GRAECAII an a + v does the same (and so on). I wonder if it's possible to produce a conversion-tool (a WORD macro for instance). I am not able to make such a programm, but I can supply the tables for creating the conversion-tool (see attachment).

Aries
    Attached Images Attached Images