Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Linking BW's to Pradis (or E-Sword)

Hmmm. Although undoubtedly the Pradis link works it seems that there is no way as of yet to sync (or to jump) between BW & Pradis, (i.e. to have pradis open to any one partucluar spot. This is what is really needed in my opinion - one can open the Pradis refrence by just clicking on the icon on your desktop otherwise. Maybe some computer tech savvy person can figure this one out!

John

Quote Originally Posted by jmbpastor View Post
    Wow! Finally someone has done it!
    I am so happy to have started this thread.

In repsonse to the first reply to ISalzman:

Yes, pretty much! I use BW's first (like you do) to consut the original languages, etc. Then I will look at either the books I have through Libronix, Esword, or Pradis depending on what I am studying as well as the nature of the study itself. I wish I was more technically computer savvy... there has to be a way to link to pradis!

Kindest Regards and thanks to all!
    John Mark
    All's well that ends well, John. I'm glad you started the thread too.

By the way, what resources do you have in Pradis that you find useful and helpful? As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I like The Expositors Bible Commentary series. But a resource I wouldn't mind having is the Hebrew lexicon edited by Van Gemeren.

Right now the one I use the most is the NIDNTT.

Other than that: I use some of their N.T. commentaries from time to time to gain additional perspective depending on what book I am currently studying. I am in the process of saving for a LOGOS based product. There are three books that I would really like to have that they offer. They are:

1. The Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged in One Volume
    2. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (10 Volumes)
    3. Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (3 Volumes)
    and four:
    4. The Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old and New Testaments

From Pradis I would like to buy Mounces " Mounce's Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words" just to compare with vine's, etc. I tried to download this with a coupon but the coupon has apparently expired. That stinks too because I am on a relatively small fixed income at present.

Later,
    John

http://www.jbutzu.wordpress.com

All good stuff. May the Lord provide for you, John.

Irving

Hi John,

I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but the abridged Theological Dictionary of the NT and the Exegetical Dicationary of the NT are available as BibleWorks modules.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from getting another product, since I don't know your needs or style of study. I'm just pointing out that these are available if you wanted to use them within BibleWorks, since you already have BibleWorks.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

No I wasn't aware! I would much rather support Bw's than Logos (for a number of reasons!) Thanks!

I have BibleWorks linked to a specific verse in E-sword and I have it linked to a Pradis workspace.