Thread: Linking BW's to Pradis (or E-Sword)

Hybrid View

Question Linking BW's to Pradis (or E-Sword)

Hi. Has anyone been able to successfully link BW to either Pradis or Rick Meyers "E sword"? Just wondering.

John

Yours was a good question, John. I've been watching to see if anyone would post anything in reply to your question. To this point, no one has. So I figured I would just add my comment. I too use Pradis, which is Zondervan's software engine. And since Zondervan never licenses out their proprietary content to other electronic publishers, one must have Pradis if one wants to view Zondervan content. And the reality is that Zondervan does have some excellent content. I particularly like the Expositor's Bible Commentary series which has some excellent volumes in it. When I study a text, I always go about it in the same order and fashion. I open BW first and do all my textual work, read the text in the original languages, compare the versions, consult the lexicons and grammars, etc. When I've pretty much completed that stage of my research, then and only then do I look at the commentaries. So I open Logos/Libronix next and read through the commentaries there. Lastly, I open Pradis to consult my Zondervan commentaries and resources. This is my typical routine and it generally works well for me. Is your work routine similar?

Irving

Quote Originally Posted by jmbpastor View Post
    Hi. Has anyone been able to successfully link BW to either Pradis or Rick Meyers "E sword"? Just wondering.

John
    Yes, I have BibleWorks linked to a specific verse in E-sword and I have it linked to a Pradis workspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    Yes, I have BibleWorks linked to a specific verse in E-sword and I have it linked to a Pradis workspace.
    Thanks Joan. Is it possible to get a brief step by step procedure from you on how you set that up? Grateful for your response.

Irving

Here's a pdf file of the link to E-sword.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, though I don't use E-Sword; I use Pradis. I hate to bother you one more time, but do you have anything specific to Pradis? Again, sorry, I don't mean to belabor you with requests. Thanks.

Here's a pdf of how I figured out a way to link to Pradis. You have to create a workspace in Pradis first of your favorite resources in your typical configuration and then save it, e.g.MyStudy. To make the link work in BibleWorks you have to refer back to the workspace file name and location. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, excellent. Thanks Joan! I typically have Pradis configured according to my preferences (My Study). Again, thanks for the pdf!

Irving

You're welcome!