Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: I Thank God for Col. R.B. Thieme Jr.

  1. #31

    Default

    We're all Scott. It's an entrance-requirement.
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

    s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    Default I Thank God for Col. R.B. Thieme Jr.

    I have related in this blog something that I experienced 40 years ago. I was introduced to Dr. Thieme in basic training at Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas by another Airman in my flight. When I went to England I ordered tapes from Berachah Church after I had purchased my Reel to Reel tape player. I can honestly say that his teachings appealed to me and I felt like I was experiencing Christianity in a new way. I was more knowlegeable and became puffed up to the point of being arrogant.[1 Cor. 8:1,2] I thought I had it all together. I could not have been more wrong. This is the first time I have really shared about what happened to me those many decades ago. I can say that I am a different person after having set at the foot of this man. I did not how much it had affected me until I finished College and enrolled in Seminary. I found it very difficult to trust what was being said without examining the Scriptures.[Acts 17:11] I have a greater appreciation of the Scriptures. I have a greater appreciation for godly men and women who give themselves holy to the discipline of learning and teaching the Scriptures. I do not consider my comments regarding Dr. Thieme as being harsh. I just related my personal experience in regards to his impact on my life. Others have related their experiences with Dr. Thieme's ministry and how they have benefited. I do not share that same sentiment.
    This all I have to say on this thread.
    Clint Yale
    Bellingham,WA

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Yale View Post
    I do not consider my comments regarding Dr. Thieme as being harsh.
    And since I applied that statement, I must clarify and say that neither did I ever consider your statements harsh. I used the terminology simply as a reference in comparison with my own statements, which I also did not consider harsh, because they were far from being so.

    To be clear, your statements and my statements were simply the relation of our experiences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Yale View Post
    I just related my personal experience in regards to his impact on my life. Others have related their experiences with Dr. Thieme's ministry and how they have benefited. I do not share that same sentiment.
    Ditto. I also related my experience, and like you, nor do I share that same sentiment. In fact, now that I've had time to think about it, I remember that in addition to listening to at least a tape or two, I had also read some material by Thieme, which I also found problematic.

    And as I said, it only took the one time for me seeing him personally to convince me I was in the presence of a heretic. And I don't make that charge lightly.

    Either way, as I said before, Thieme's denial of the blood of Jesus Christ is sheer blasphemy, and I don't really care whether that's considered harsh or not.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Either way, as I said before, Thieme's denial of the blood of Jesus Christ is sheer blasphemy, and I don't really care whether that's considered harsh or not.
    Scott,

    Did Thieme's denial amount to the "blood=death" theory? Just curious.

    Bob (pretending to be a Scott for membership purposes)

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobvenem View Post
    Did Thieme's denial amount to the "blood=death" theory? Just curious.
    I don't know what you mean by that. What I do know is that Thieme denied that the physical blood of Jesus Christ had anything to do with the atonement. Like all cults, Thieme spiritualized the Scriptures, including the blood of Jesus Christ.

    The fact that his heresy could be so widely accepted today is a sign of the times. Nobody born of the Spirit, which means nobody who has been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, would stomach that heresy for one second. I mean, not for one SECOND.

    As Bunyan noted, EVERY man who has ever been washed in that blood, in the blood of Jesus Christ, which means EVERY man who has ever been genuinely born again, will give his life before he will give up the doctrine -- the TRUTH -- of being washed in that blood.

    The blood of Jesus Christ is THE foundational doctrine of the atonement, and he who has been washed in that blood by EXPERIENCE, which the Scripture designates as the "washing of regeneration", which all who are regenerated have EXPERIENCED, (with regard to EXPERIENCING the washing of regeneration, just read the testimonies of a Bunyan, or a Spurgeon, or a Whitefield, ad infinitum), indeed, he who has been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, is absolutely INCENSED at such a foul, unregenerate, despicable heresy like that of Thieme, which, as I stated before, is not new, but is as old as Christianity itself. Thieme only nuanced it and gave it a slightly different terminology, and his feeble-minded followers bought into it as if it were a new thing.

    Those who don't consider this matter to be absolutely foundational are those who have never been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ. Those who are not absolutely INCENSED at such a blatant blasphemy are those who have never been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ by EXPERIENCE, and who will therefore not set foot in the kingdom of heaven. Not unless they repent with a mighty repentance and beg Jesus Christ to indwell them and make them new creatures.

    The false Jesus of modern professing Christendom lets almost everything slide in the name of peace and compassion.

    But the true Jesus of the Bible has eyes like a flame of fire, and he is a Spirit of TRUTH, and he -- the TRUE Jesus of the Bible, will SPUE OUT OF HIS MOUTH this generation of lukewarm professing Christendom.

    Thieme's denial of the blood of Jesus Christ is a murderer of souls, and those of us who have seen people born again on the spot, just like in the New Testament, know just how deadly his foul doctrine is.

    Only those who haven't a clue as to what constitutes true spiritual warfare, and what constitutes true regeneration, are not incensed at Thieme's denial of the blood of Jesus Christ.

    But then, the very Jesus that Thieme denies by his foul doctrine stated that the gate is STRAIT, and the way NARROW, which leadeth unto life, and that there be FEW, FEW, FEW that find it.

    Not my words, but the words of the TRUE Jesus. Not the FALSE Jesus of modern Christianity, but the TRUE Jesus of the Bible, who said...

    "Many are called, but FEW chosen."

    Fair warning to all.

    THE GREAT APOSTASY
    Last edited by Adelphos; 08-27-2009 at 01:44 PM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Just wanting to clear something up.
    I have read people refer to the late Thieme Jr. as 'Dr. Thieme' or even 'professor Thieme'. Also I have come across a few advertisements over the years mentioning the same.
    Thieme never did obtain this award.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Sounds like the same teaching. Always wondered how that got so popular.

  8. #38

    Thumbs up The magnitude!

    Wow! I knew this post would get comments, but the magnitude!

    As a Scott, I would like to - right now - nominate this thread for the year 2009 "Turd In the Punchbowl Award."

    In December, as we come to years end and are looking to January 2010 and reflect on all that happened, please search your hearts and consider nominating this thread for the honor, and I do mean honor, of "Turd In the Punchbowl Award."

    If any of you will commit to that, I will commit to writing an acceptance speech now. I would like it to be an elocutionary doosie, a thing of quote-filled speakery.

    Thank you Scotts, each and every one of you. Amen.

    *Gotta run now. Overrun by emotions. I hate it when people see my like this. (insert sound of one of those pitch-whistle-horn things and then my voice fighting back sobs to clear itself) "When we've been there 10 thousand years, bright shining as the sun ......"
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 08-28-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: The usual

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    116

    Default Hey Saunders

    I've spent the last 8 years (often in 60-hour weeks) using BibleWorks in an attempt to audit the Colonel's teachings, whether right or wrong. I needed to account for them from the Word that I could prove.

    Result? I've not found one of the teachings wrong, but have been able to find refinements, i.e., in the Blessing by Association Doctrine, him teaching that believers were used to BUY TIME (i.e., in the Genesis tapes). It's a much bigger doctrine than he taught, and maybe he knew it, but didn't have time to teach.

    I've spent the last two years or so posting videos demonstrating from the Hebrew and Greek, many of the doctrines he taught. BibleWorks is a tremendous help in getting the proof visible to even a neophyte in just a few minutes.

    So for all the Thieme naysayers, I would caution they revisit the extensive exegesis behind what he taught. It's there. I feel sorry for any of his detractors. They will indeed prove to be poor scholars.

    So thanks for posting this, Saunders.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I don't know what you mean by that. What I do know is that Thieme denied that the physical blood of Jesus Christ had anything to do with the atonement. Like all cults, Thieme spiritualized the Scriptures, including the blood of Jesus Christ.

    The fact that his heresy could be so widely accepted today is a sign of the times. Nobody born of the Spirit, which means nobody who has been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, would stomach that heresy for one second. I mean, not for one SECOND.

    As Bunyan noted, EVERY man who has ever been washed in that blood, in the blood of Jesus Christ, which means EVERY man who has ever been genuinely born again, will give his life before he will give up the doctrine -- the TRUTH -- of being washed in that blood.

    The blood of Jesus Christ is THE foundational doctrine of the atonement, and he who has been washed in that blood by EXPERIENCE, which the Scripture designates as the "washing of regeneration", which all who are regenerated have EXPERIENCED, (with regard to EXPERIENCING the washing of regeneration, just read the testimonies of a Bunyan, or a Spurgeon, or a Whitefield, ad infinitum), indeed, he who has been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, is absolutely INCENSED at such a foul, unregenerate, despicable heresy like that of Thieme, which, as I stated before, is not new, but is as old as Christianity itself. Thieme only nuanced it and gave it a slightly different terminology, and his feeble-minded followers bought into it as if it were a new thing.

    Those who don't consider this matter to be absolutely foundational are those who have never been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ. Those who are not absolutely INCENSED at such a blatant blasphemy are those who have never been washed in the blood of Jesus Christ by EXPERIENCE, and who will therefore not set foot in the kingdom of heaven. Not unless they repent with a mighty repentance and beg Jesus Christ to indwell them and make them new creatures.

    The false Jesus of modern professing Christendom lets almost everything slide in the name of peace and compassion.

    But the true Jesus of the Bible has eyes like a flame of fire, and he is a Spirit of TRUTH, and he -- the TRUE Jesus of the Bible, will SPUE OUT OF HIS MOUTH this generation of lukewarm professing Christendom.

    Thieme's denial of the blood of Jesus Christ is a murderer of souls, and those of us who have seen people born again on the spot, just like in the New Testament, know just how deadly his foul doctrine is.

    Only those who haven't a clue as to what constitutes true spiritual warfare, and what constitutes true regeneration, are not incensed at Thieme's denial of the blood of Jesus Christ.

    But then, the very Jesus that Thieme denies by his foul doctrine stated that the gate is STRAIT, and the way NARROW, which leadeth unto life, and that there be FEW, FEW, FEW that find it.

    Not my words, but the words of the TRUE Jesus. Not the FALSE Jesus of modern Christianity, but the TRUE Jesus of the Bible, who said...

    "Many are called, but FEW chosen."

    Fair warning to all.

    THE GREAT APOSTASY
    Isaiah 53:10-11 says He paid for our sins with His THINKING, not His Physical blood. Hebrew keywords are me amal naphesho and bedato yatsdiq . The Chapter started off (really in 52:13) by saying through the mastery of knowledge He will do these things. Then you also have Matt4:4. As for the dual deaths on the Cross, that is also in Isaiah, baldly connecting the dots from Genesis 2:7's plural lives (hayyim), to Gen2:17's plural deaths (muth-tamoth), to 53:8's plural lives again (hayyim), an appositive the translators missed; then to 53:9's plural deaths (bemotayw). I'm transliterating roughly as BHT does, so you should be able to see these things in BibleWorks if you look up the verses. I did videos on them also (using BibleWorks), but presume you can see it more quickly from BibleWorks.

    In short, the support to say He paid spiritually by THINKING is Biblical. Souls sin, and therefore thought must be paid by thought while still living, tetelestai. Hope this short explanation helps.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •