Thread: Startup version reference processing

Question Startup version reference processing

I recently upgraded my BW from 3.5 to 8.x. It is wonderful that executable updates are provided in a timely manner.

My question: When I start up I see something about updating version references in the spash screen and note that that seems to take quite some time on my old machine. Is there anyway to bypass this? My versions are expected to remain static with exception of BW provided upgrades.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by buchs View Post
    I recently upgraded my BW from 3.5 to 8.x. It is wonderful that executable updates are provided in a timely manner.

My question: When I start up I see something about updating version references in the spash screen and note that that seems to take quite some time on my old machine. Is there anyway to bypass this? My versions are expected to remain static with exception of BW provided upgrades.
    I doubt that this can be bypassed as it seems that this is an internal function that BW uses to initialize the versions so that the program knows what to do with each version if and when it's called up.

The folks at BW can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're going to have to live with it.

On the other hand, if you have versions installed on your older machine that you are not going to use, you can get rid of them so that the initialization procedure doesn't take as long.