Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Critical Apparatuses, Etc.

Question Cnnts?

I apologize before hand if I have missed out somewhere.

Reading through the posts CNNTS was mentioned and then somehow disappeared along the way. As far as I recall it was available in an earlier version of BW. Does anyone know what happened to this module? And if any plans are for an possible inclusion+

In advance, thanks.
    Carsten Espersen

Quote Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
    I apologize before hand if I have missed out somewhere.

Reading through the posts CNNTS was mentioned and then somehow disappeared along the way. As far as I recall it was available in an earlier version of BW. Does anyone know what happened to this module? And if any plans are for an possible inclusion+

In advance, thanks.
    Carsten Espersen
    Originally there were plans to offer it as an add-on module for BW7, but somewhere along the line BibleWorks decided to go a different route by creating versions of the texts instead. Michael Bushell said this will be a long-term ongoing project, but he hopes to have some of the fruit of that labor available in 2010. Rather than being a pay add-on, it will be a free upgrade for BW8 users.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

CNNTS? Translation greatly appreciated.

Default Cntts

CNTTS == Center for New Testament Textual Studies. The database is a NT critical apparatus done by a group at the New Orleans Baptist Seminary. According the CNTTS the text will be available to us for licensing in January. They are making some tweaks based on things found out by using the Accordance version. When they finish the tweaks we'll add it. It shouldn't take us long to get it in. Not sure what the price will be but it won't be terribly expensive.

We are continuing our long term project of providing full, tagged and searchable transcriptions of major manuscripts. A release of the initial manuscripts is planned for late 2010, perhaps at SBL, Lord willing.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    CNTTS == Center for New Testament Textual Studies. The database is a NT critical apparatus done by a group at the New Orleans Baptist Seminary. According the CNTTS the text will be available to us for licensing in January. They are making some tweaks based on things found out by using the Accordance version. When they finish the tweaks we'll add it. It shouldn't take us long to get it in. Not sure what the price will be but it won't be terribly expensive.

We are continuing our long term project of providing full, tagged and searchable transcriptions of major manuscripts. A release of the initial manuscripts is planned for late 2010, perhaps at SBL, Lord willing.

Mike
    Thanks Mike. Sounds good.

Irving