Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Aramaic Resources for BibleWorks 8

Thanks Glenn, you correctly diagnosed the problem. I didn't realize you actually had to run the updater twice. All is well now. Not that I really need the sound files, mind you. I have been reading Aramaic since I was 12 and I am near about 50 now. But it is a cool thing to be able to have it on the PC and show others. Once again, thanks for your help, Glenn!

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Thanks Glenn, you correctly diagnosed the problem. I didn't realize you actually had to run the updater twice. All is well now.
    I had the same problem. But thanks to your post, my problem is also solved.

Nice feature. Thanks Glenn and BW team.

Any nice beaches in the Chesapeake, VA area?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Adamsen View Post
    Thank you very much. This is great.

However, I cannot get the Aramaic scripts to work. BW8 also keeps telling me that it is unable to create the Greek font used for display. I think I have followed the instructions in this entry: "Unable to create font bwgrkl point size 12."

I use Win7 RC1.

Is there any other solution than continuing to reinstall the fonts?
    The Greek font seems to work, at least for the time being. However, I still have no Aramaic script in the Aramaic resources.

Any suggestions as to what I could try?

Georg
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

The Greek font seems to work, at least for the time being. However, I still have no Aramaic script in the Aramaic resources.

Any suggestions as to what I could try?

Georg
    Just out of curiosity, what shows up on your screen when you browse the Aramaic resources? In other words, what font does load on the screen when you display Aramaic resources?

Just out of curiosity, what shows up on your screen when you browse the Aramaic resources? In other words, what font does load on the screen when you display Aramaic resources?
    Only English script. No Aramaic. If I open a Hebrew resource, it is displayed as usual. So are, e.g., Daniel 7.
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

Only English script. No Aramaic. If I open a Hebrew resource, it is displayed as usual. So are, e.g., Daniel 7.
    In BW, which Aramaic resources are you attempting to view? Please provide the names of the Aramaic resources. Also, what version of the BW executable are you running? Also, have you installed the 'Aramaic Additions patch?' It can be installed by checking the relevant box on the list of available updates. It is an 'Optional Update.'

Thank you.
    Last edited by ISalzman; 07-28-2009 at 04:23 PM.

In BW, which Aramaic resources are you attempting to view? Please provide the names of the Aramaic resources. Also, what version of the BW executable are you running? Thank you.
    Both the two new resources have this problem. Introductory Lessons in Aramaic by Reymond. Aramic Paradigms.

I am running BW8 fully updated, on Win7 RC1 64-bit with a lot of resources.

Both the two new resources have this problem. Introductory Lessons in Aramaic by Reymond. Aramic Paradigms.

I am running BW8 fully updated, on Win7 RC1 64-bit with a lot of resources.
    Hmmmm, that's unusual. Can you check the version on the Help Menu (Help | About)? The latest executable should be 8.0.012a.1.

The other thing that comes to mind is that when the 'Aramaic Additions' patch was first made available, the update would fail because of a bad file name. I wonder if your installation of the Aramaic resources failed at that time. Try running the updater again (Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for Updates) and see if the item shows up under 'Optional Updates.' Remember, the updates normally have two sections: Recommended and Optional. The Aramaic Additions update is listed under the Optional Updates.

Hmmmm, that's unusual. Can you check the version on the Help Menu (Help | About)? The latest executable should be 8.0.012a.1.

The other thing that comes to mind is that when the 'Aramaic Additions' patch was first made available, the update would fail because of a bad file name. I wonder if your installation of the Aramaic resources failed at that time. Try running the updater again (Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for Updates) and see if the item shows up under 'Optional Updates.' Remember, the updates normally have two sections: Recommended and Optional. The Aramaic Additions update is listed under the Optional Updates.
    I have the latest executable. And I did not install the version with a bad file name. The files are installed. So apparently are the fonts, but it does not work. I have also tried installing the files manually.