Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Aramaic Resources for BibleWorks 8

Hybrid View

Default New Aramaic Resources for BibleWorks 8

We are pleased to announce new Aramaic resources available for BibleWorks 8.

The first new resource is the Introductory Lessons in Aramaic, by Eric D. Reymond. This introductory Aramaic grammar includes exercises, answers to the exercises, and a glossary.

The second new resource is a set of Aramaic Paradigms for Aramaic verbs, produced by Jan Verbruggen. Included in a future update will be the full set of sound files by Jan Verbruggen for each paradigm.

NOTE: The sound files have now been posted. After you download the exe version 12a or later, the sound files update is available.

This is a free download for BibleWorks 8 users.

It is available through the BibleWorks 8 updater under Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates.
    Last edited by Glenn Weaver; 07-28-2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Thanks Glenn!

I believe there was a slight glitch in the updater yesterday with respect to the 'Aramaic Additions' patch, but it seems to have been resolved. I got error messages the first couple of times I tried to get the patch. But the third time was "the charm," as they say.

By the way, do you know if the sound files will work on Windows XP, or will they only work on Vista? Grateful for your response. Thanks much.

Irving Salzman

Hi Irving,

The sound files will work with XP, as well.
    Glenn Weaver

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi Irving,

The sound files will work with XP, as well.
    Thanks Glenn!

Forgive the additional question, but do you or Mark have any possible training workshops envisioned at Princeton in the coming year?

Hi Irving,

I am unaware of workshops schedules, as that is Mark's responsibility. I suggest that you email Mark at Customer Service to inquire about a workshop at Princeton.
    Glenn Weaver

Hi Irving,

I am unaware of workshops schedules, as that is Mark's responsibility. I suggest that you email Mark at Customer Service to inquire about a workshop at Princeton.
    Hi Glenn,

Sure thing. Thank you.

Default Font issues - Aramaic as well as Greek

We are pleased to announce new Aramaic resources available for BibleWorks 8. It is available through the BibleWorks 8 updater under Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for updates.
    Thank you very much. This is great.

However, I cannot get the Aramaic scripts to work. BW8 also keeps telling me that it is unable to create the Greek font used for display. I think I have followed the instructions in this entry: "Unable to create font bwgrkl point size 12."

I use Win7 RC1.

Is there any other solution than continuing to reinstall the fonts?
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

Default Sound files have been posted

NOTE: The sound files have now been posted. After you download the exe version 12a or later, the sound files update is available.
    Glenn Weaver

Thanks Glenn. I ran the update. When I open up the resource (Aramaic Paradigms), however, and click on the speaker icon, I get only error messages saying that the file was not found. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Irving Salzman

Hi Irving,

Did you download the sound files, or only the Aramaic Additions? If you only downloaded the additions, then you do not yet have the sound files.

In order to see the sound files download (a large download, about 65 megs), you must first download the exe update number 12a. After the exe is updated, then running the updater will show the sound files download.
    Glenn Weaver