Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTT Kethib

Default WTT Kethib

I've been informed by BibleWorks that WTT is not copyrighted so my formatting and distributing WTK (kethib only) hebrew text is not a problem. The problem is the tedious effort of producing the text file.

So far I'v gotten through Nehemiah. I will eventually complete it, but it's not now a top priority. Thus, if anyone would like to take a book or two and get rid of the qeres and then send me the file, that would facilitate matters.

Here's how you do it if you're interested...

From the Tools | Importing/Exporting Information menu, choose Export Database. When the box comes up, scroll down and select WTT for export. Set the range (one or two books that you might work on, for example) and then -- and this is important -- when you are given the option to save it, save it in CCAT format.

Once you have the file, you open the .CAT file in a text editor and then do a search for "]" without the quotes.

This will place you at the right end of the qere. You select that brace and continue on to your left until you come to the closing brace, i.e., right-facing brace. You also continue a couple of places further to the left and select the first } surrounding the kethib. You delete those, then keep moving right until you come to the { which offsets the one you just deleted. Delete this one also. Be sure and do NOT delete the letters BETWEEN the {}. That's the kethib reading.

You have just removed the qere and the parens around the kethib.

Now search for the next "]" and do it all over again.

As I said, I'm through Nehemiah, so if anybody wants to take a book or two after them, post here in this thread what books you're taking so the efforts won't be duplicated.

Also, do NOT name your file wtt.cat, but give it some other name and then send the complete file to me where I will plug it in. You can find my email address at my link below.

I'm not real motivated on this one, but since I've started it I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone who might be interested.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 06-07-2009 at 08:04 PM.

I should add that while WTT is not copyrighted, the WTM IS copyrighted. FYI.

Pasquale,

You are simply amazing. Absolutely, utterly amazing!

However, your VMF file has the WTK named as "Tregelles Greek New Testament"

Other than that, I briefly scanned the file and everything looks very good.

Once again, thank you. If you could, you can change the VMF file and upload only that.

Outstanding, Pasquale! You are truly the king of the macros!

For those who wanted a straight Kethib Hebrew text, Pasquale has done it again. Unzip all four files into your BibleWorks\Databases folder and then restart BibleWorks. You will find WTK enumerated under the Hebrew display versions.

Pasquale,

Are you sure about the total number of qere/kethib? I found 1287 using Word search and replace.

Bob

If you run a search in WTM for the Qere/Kethib it returns 1031 verses, 870 forms, 1676 hits.

I'm not sure how these numbers all correlate, but if there are errors in the WTK text, they will be found and can then be corrected over time.

That's why we need to just let the text (WTK) percolate. Any mistakes found can be corrected as they are found. In the meantime, it's a good start.

The odds are with Pasquale on this one. My search was simply for a wildcard string between two square brackets, without regard to content.

Thanks for files.

I generated a couple of versions direct from the data supplied by Westminster.

WTK = kethib readings only
    WTQ = qere readings only

Regards,
    David.

David,

What's a .rar document? Also, how did you generate your versions? It would be nice if we could all settle on one Qere and one Kethib so all corrections could be centralized. If yours is pretty accurate, and I'm assuming it is, then perhaps someone could be responsible for maintaining them.