Thread: How to install the Mounce Vocab .vrt file

Question How to install the Mounce Vocab .vrt file

I just bought BW 6 today. It is an awesome tool. I picked up because I am going to learn Greek. I am wondering how to install the Mounce plug-in. There is only a .vrt file and in the //Bibleworks 6/init folder there are .vrt and .vrc files. And it looks like you need both. There seems to be corresponding .wav files that go with this file. Does anyone know where to find or have .wav files for the greek words that can be used in the Flash Card Module. I would like to be able to hear the words pronounced.

Go to the Help section in BW6, do a search on vocabulary to bring up the section entitled "Vocabulary Flashcards." Basically all you have to do is go into the Vocab Flashcard program and make an import from that version, but the help file will direct you specifically how to do that. On recordings of words. I believe right now the option is to record them yourself. So it assumes you know how to pronounce them. Otherwise unless someone out there wants to record all the words and put them on a website or something, I don't believe that has been done. Of course whoever does it will forever be chastised for not picking the right way to say things...there are always critics out there

Mike Hanel
    MA Classics Student Washington University
    MDiv Student Concordia Seminary
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 07-29-2004 at 03:25 PM.

Default Thank you

I want to thank you. I have the vocab list working. I guess I can see your point and the proper pronunciation. It won't hurt for me to create my own.

Kory

Default Greek Vocab

Kory,

If you are using Mounce's BBG textbook I would recommend also purchasing the audio lectures (which includes audio of all the vocab). It is well worth the $89.00. Or you can purchase the vocab only CD for $20.00.

Peace,

Jeremy

http://www.teknia.com/level3/index.html

Default Thanks Jeremy

I did just buy that CD today. I am really looking forward to starting the through BBG book and workbook. I also picked up a couple CD's Greek reading and Greek vocab. I don't want to buy too much but I also want to have what I need since I will be doing this with my brother and a friend. No formal training.

Kory