Thread: Kiswahili (Old Testament)

Default Kiswahili (Old Testament)

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question. If it is not, then i would certainly appreciate it if someone would direct me to the proper place.

I appreciate the responsiveness of the BW team and those who frequent the forums and provide valuable insight and discussion.

As a pastor, working with local, native, indigenous missionaries in East Africa, I was wondering if any consideration had been given to producing the Old Testament in Kiswahili. I appreciate the NT resource and could greatly benefit from the Old Testament as well.

I am not able to provide any kind of assistance with such a project, but I am more than willing to finance or help finance it depending on the cost.

Ubarikiwe (be blessed)

Here is where to send your suggestion:
    How to Get Customer Support/Submit an Idea/Report a Bug
    But in general, BibleWorks does not create translation versions. It licenses translations which are produced by others. If you know of an electronic version of the Kiswahili Bible, you can let BibleWorks know, and (if the cost is low enough, or if enough people want that translation) BibleWorks can obtain copyrights and compile it as a BibleWorks version. The Swahili version of the New Testament which is currently in BibleWorks does not contain Philippians, because the electronic text made available to BibleWorks did not contain that book. Nobody at BibleWorks understands Kiswahili, so they have to rely on others who do, before additions can be made to this version.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks for you help, Mark.