Thread: Odd External Link Problem

Default Odd External Link Problem

I recently installed Bibleworks 8 on my system and enabled the external link (Logos - KJV) to open the current verse in Logos. My default desktop in Logos opens to Romans 1:-1-17 when launched by itself with the passage guide and several versions of the Bible and Greek resources set up to be linked..

With Logos closed, if I navigate to say, to Col 1:1, in Bibleworks and then right click on the verse and select "Logos - KJV" and then hit enter, Logos opens and for a split second it opens to Col.1:1 but almost immediately switchs back to my default selection of Romans 1:1-17.

However, if Logos is already open and I navigate to Col 1:1 in Bibleworks and then right click on the verse and select "Logos - KJV", then Logos goes immediately to Col. 1:1 and stays there.

Any idea why? Doesn't make any difference which verse I select in Bibleworks, the results are as listed above.

Thanks,
    Michael

Default Opening Logos

It sounds like you answered your question:
    When Logos always opens, it goes to the same spot. You have it reset to a certain workspace, no matter what the call to open and no matter what you were working on beforehand. (In Logos Tools/Options/General/General tab/Startup)
    I typically have it set to restore previous worksession. I don't see the problem you're describing.

Thanks Greg. It's not a biggy anyway since I almost always have Logos open anyway. Just had never seen this before. Thanks again.

Michael