Thread: Hilarious

Default Hilarious

Any rap with the line "I'm bustin' out like Daniel Wallace" will bring a smile. On the other hand, they're using the apostate lah-gahs pronunciation, and I was taught with low-gos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvVylnHnn9s
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman View Post
    On the other hand, they're using the apostate lah-gahs pronunciation, and I was taught with low-gos
    Not only that, but the apostatate koy-nay pronunciation as well. The correct pronunciation is kee-ne. And the correct pronunciation, unless I miss your emphasis on the last syllable, is not low-gos, but low-gose, as in ghost.

1. You see now, Ben; if you hung around in the better interwebs sites, you'd have known about this last December, and had a merrier Christmas. I think we've learned a valuable lesson here.
    2. Amen! on showing some love for the Machen-type pronunciation of omicron. It's "o" like "vote"! Not weak-ankled "o" like "got"!
    Dan Phillips
    Books:Web presence:
    tfo+[]l;w> hw"hy> tr:AT-ta, vArd>li Abb'l. !ykihe ar"z>[, yKi

s `jP'(v.miW qxo laer"f.yIB. dMel;l.W

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Phillips View Post
    Amen! on showing some love for the Machen-type pronunciation of omicron. It's "o" like "vote"! Not weak-ankled "o" like "got"!
    It's actually how native Greeks pronounce it, and how native Greeks have been pronouncing it for more than two thousand years.