Thread: Suggestion: distinguish search and browse versions

Default Suggestion: distinguish search and browse versions

It just occurred to me that I am constantly switching back and forth from the versions I search in to the versions I browse in.

For example, a large number of the searches I do are in the morphologically-tagged texts, but I never want to browse in those texts.

I would recommend finding a way to change the search version back and forth without changing the browsing version when you do so.

Perhaps like a search limit, one could simply type on the comand line:

b bgt
    or
    b esv

to choose a browse version that would not change with the changing of search versions. Once entering in a browser version one could change it whenever they want by typing b and the other version, or shut off the distinction between the browser version and the search version by simply entering b (without anything following it) on the command line. So the default would be to have search and browse versions linked, but a user could choose to separate them.

That's what happens when you provide such a powerful and flexible tool.... We'll keep thinking of ways to push the power and flexibility!

Thanks for all your work,

Roy

------------------------------------------
    Roy E. Ciampa, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of New Testament
    Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    130 Essex Street
    South Hamilton, MA 01982

Default Excellent idea!

I like it
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;