Thread: Thomas & Gundry Harmony file

Hybrid View

Default Thomas & Gundry Harmony file

I teach the Life of Christ and use Robert Thomas and Stan Gundry's Harmony of the Gospels. It isn't perfect, but it works very well on the collegiate level.

I have long wished for this harmony to be in BW, and this year I got secretarial help, so ... I'm glad to share with the rest of my fellow BibleWorks users, this harmony.

See attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Thanks

Thankyou so much for this contribution. I used it a lot in college many years ago .

Thank you! This had to have been a lot of work. Though I'm a happily married man and I'm sure you are too (didn't you post pics of a grand child awhile back on your blog?), please give your secretarial help an apical hug or double-grip handshake or something. A High Five. A Cheshire cat smile. Something.

Edit~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Okay. I know how things can easily get taken the wrong way. My point is: a "peck/kiss on the check" is definitely out.
    Last edited by SCSaunders; 05-09-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Murphy's Law as it applies to interpreting text

Thanks Philip! I've put this on the BibleWorks blog, so as to keep everything in one nice place.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Wow, Thanks Phil (and your secretary!)
    I've used T&G for a long time now and I really appreciate this one.

Indeed. Thank you so much.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default How do you Install this to BW9?

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Brown View Post
    I teach the Life of Christ and use Robert Thomas and Stan Gundry's Harmony of the Gospels. It isn't perfect, but it works very well on the collegiate level.

I have long wished for this harmony to be in BW, and this year I got secretarial help, so ... I'm glad to share with the rest of my fellow BibleWorks users, this harmony.

See attached file.
    I have searched this Forum and Google and cannot find HOW to install this User Database to my BW9. Sorry if I searched wrong and it is already somewhere on this Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by rcseim View Post
    I have searched this Forum and Google and cannot find HOW to install this User Database to my BW9. Sorry if I searched wrong and it is already somewhere on this Forum.
    Once you've opened the Synopsis Tool in BibleWorks, simply go to the menu system in the Synopsis Tool to File|Open and navigate the file explorer to wherever you have unzipped the .sdf file.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Once you've opened the Synopsis Tool in BibleWorks, simply go to the menu system in the Synopsis Tool to File|Open and navigate the file explorer to wherever you have unzipped the .sdf file.
    You should unzip it to the BibleWorks "init" folder. Then it will display in the list of all the other .sdf files.
    Mark Eddy