Thread: Notes and user-defined directory

Question Notes and user-defined directory

Has anyone else changed the default directory of their user notes only to find that they don't load up? I've reset my directory from the normal Bibleworks/notes directory to a new one in My Documents for the sake of convenience, but when I restart BibleWorks, it still wants to read from the old directory. Then if I go to options and check directories I see that the My Documents directory that I changed it to is there. So I'll click Apply Changes. Voila. It will call up User notes now from the correct directory. However, when I restart BW the process begins all over again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Mike Hanel
    MA Classics Student Washington University
    MDiv Student Concordia Seminary

Thumbs down Changing places

No, but it sounds like a pain!

David McKay

Default Latest updates

I hate to ask such questions, but do you have the latest updates? I recall this being a problem, but thought it was corrected in an update.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Yup updated to date.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel
    Has anyone else changed the default directory of their user notes only to find that they don't load up? I've reset my directory from the normal Bibleworks/notes directory to a new one in My Documents for the sake of convenience, but when I restart BibleWorks, it still wants to read from the old directory. Then if I go to options and check directories I see that the My Documents directory that I changed it to is there. So I'll click Apply Changes. Voila. It will call up User notes now from the correct directory. However, when I restart BW the process begins all over again.

Mike Hanel
    MA Classics Student Washington University
    MDiv Student Concordia Seminary
    Yes, I've experienced the same problem. It's quite frustrating. It mostly appears for me, though with the outlines not checking the right folder. It seems that BW "forgets" that I changed the directory and I have to change it again.

Fully updated here as well.
    David Garrison
    Pastor for Emerging Ministries
    Southminster Presbyterian Church
    St. Louis, MO