Thread: BibleWorks 8 under Parallels 4.0

Default BibleWorks 8 under Parallels 4.0

Has anyone tried BW8 with Parallels 4 on a Mac? I want to upgrade, but just want to make sure that there are not problems with doing that.

I haven't upgraded to parallels 4 yet, but I run BW8, Win XP SP3, on the latest version of Parallels 3 with no problems on my 2Gig RAM 1.83 C2D Macbook.
    Ben

Default BibleWorks 8 under Parallels 4.0

I have BW7, not 8, but I had one issue with it on Parallels 4.0. I couldn't get the Shift key to "freeze" the Word Analysis window. I tried several things (including two Parallels 4 updates) and never could get it to work. I converted to VMWare Fusion and haven't had any problems. Other than that, I didn't have any issue with it, so depending on whether that's a big deal to you (and it's possible they've fixed it since then, this was two months ago), you should be fine.

Yeah, I actually upgraded to Parallels 4.0 this week, and the shift key problem still exists. I have just worked around it by pressing the alt-key, which highlights the menu and freezes the screen when I move the mouse. I can then either click the mouse or hit the esc key to de-select the menu item. Not as easy as just pressing shift, but not too bad.

But it sounds as if BW8 is doing ok under Parallels.

Thanks!

Default Define "no problems"

Can you define what "no problems" means when using BW on a Mac? Do you mean you get the ability to easily export text into the Mac side of things? I.e., can you paste into a Word doc in the Mac side while you're using BW in the "PC" side? Does the "shft+ctrl+B" shortcut and copy window still work? Any compromises along these lines that you've had to work around?

I'm considering a Mac, but not if BW works oddly. It's too important to me.

Thanks!