Thread: Repeated Activate Problems

Default Repeated Activate Problems

Why I am asked REPEATEDLY, on a daily basis, to activate BibleWorks 8???

I click on the button to Activate by Internet and it comes back and tells me I have been successful in activating my product???

I have gotten no answer from customer support on this, so hopefully someone from BW will read it here and respond. This is getting annoying, especially since it warns me that I have only 27 days left. At this rate, there will come a day when my time is out and then what???
    Last edited by Adelphos; 03-31-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Is there a little check box on the dialogue window which allows you to do something like "Do not show this window again"? I never was asked to re-activate BibleWorks 8, but I reinstalled a number of times, and each time I was asked to register my copy of BibleWorks. So I clicked something like "Ignore" or "I'll do it later," and I was never bothered the the dialogue again.
    Just some non-official suggestions.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Is there a little check box on the dialogue window which allows you to do something like "Do not show this window again"?
    No, there's just the option to activate or not, plus the warning that if I don't I won't be able to use the program after it expires.

Default Always needs activation.

Just an idea--if you haven't put in too many customs in yet, delete or rename the ini file and restart, or see Help chapter 5. Also, check for firewall/antivirus issues. Are you able to update?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    Just an idea--if you haven't put in too many customs in yet, delete or rename the ini file and restart, or see Help chapter 5. Also, check for firewall/antivirus issues. Are you able to update?
    I could be wrong, but I don't see anything in the ini file that would affect this. And there are no firewall/antivirus issues for not only am I able to update, but I have been told my activation has been accepted on each occasion I've had to activate.

Default Activation issues

Obviously service@bibleworks.com will be your best help. But here's a couple things to look at:
    1) File/Activate Database. In the Activation Manager window, what status do you see for everything? Does manually activating change the status?
    2) Does your ini file actually change (save settings on exit with a new time and date on the file)?
    3) I have Automatic Updates turned off (somewhere in Option Flags). Trying turning it off and restarting BW. Does it still prompt you for activation?

Edit- I see you found the issue: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3753
    Last edited by Greg Ward; 04-01-2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Edit-answer posted elswhere