Thread: X-Ref Tab Behavior

Default X-Ref Tab Behavior

Whichever x-ref I have selected in one tab transfers accross all tabs. IOW, if I have Thompson Chain selected as the x-ref in Tab 1, then Thompson Chain is the x-ref in all other tabs as well. Another way of saying it is, whichever x-ref I have selected in one tab is the same x-ref that occurs in all other tabs.

Is it supposed to be that way?

EDIT:

Yet another way of saying it is, if I try to select a different x-ref in another tab, if forces all other tabs to have that same x-ref. IOW, you can't have a different x-ref for each tab. Whichever x-ref you have in one tab is the x-ref that you will have in the others. You can't have different x-refs between tabs.

So again, is it supposed to be that way?
    Last edited by Adelphos; 03-31-2009 at 01:26 PM.

I think that this is the way it is supposed to be. The tab numbers apply to the browse window, not to all the tabs to the right of the Analysis tab. E.g. when I open a file in the editor tab, it will display no matter which of the numbered tabs I have chosen. If this is not the way you want it to work, you can always ask the programmers to change it. They might be able to allow you to have different sets of cross references for different tabs. But I think the assumption is that a user will have his favorite cross reference database and want to use it even if he changes tabs. Perhaps taking a survey might discover what users really want with this new feature.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 03-31-2009 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    I think that this is the way it is supposed to be.... Perhaps taking a survey might discover what users really want with this new feature.
    It would be nice to have the tabs recognize the change. It will, however, as you stated, take others to wish this change as well before they get interested in changing it, as it might require a lot of work.