Thread: Freeze Window Contents

Hybrid View

Default Freeze Window Contents

In x-refs, which is a great tool, by the way, (my favorite new feature), when you have Freeze Window Contents selected and you add a new reference, the new reference will not display until you --

1. UNfreeze window contents
    2. Refresh the x-ref window by moving forward/backward a verse in the browse window.

In other words, it takes at least three mouse clicks to get the new reference to display. If this isn't a bug, it ought to be.

Default Updating Analysis Windows via Mouse Over

I've run into several instances where I changed the text in the Browse Window and expected the Analysis Windows (Word, Resources, X-Ref) to update. I was flustered that it just didn't update. But then I remembered all that updating that is tied to mouse-over in the Browse Window. Even though I felt the Analysis should update on those changes, I'm not willing to trade down the mouse-over speed of the program for anything. You have to admit the number of things that change on a mouse-over are incredible, and it is incredibly fast.

Now, I'm not familiar with Freeze Window Contents. Where is that setting? Can't you just SHIFT-mouse-over in the Browse window to update again?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ward View Post
    Now, I'm not familiar with Freeze Window Contents. Where is that setting? Can't you just SHIFT-mouse-over in the Browse window to update again?
    No. Perform the steps I listed and try it.

Okay, this one is fixed. I rebooted and now when I unfreeze the window and mouse over the browse window it works.

I also noticed earlier this afternoon that the weblinks in the registration box had been fixed.