Thread: Targum Isaiah- English Translation

Hybrid View

Default Targum Isaiah- English Translation

Hi all,

I have recently formatted an English language edition of the Isaiah Targum for BibleWorks: The Chaldee Paraphrase on the Prophet Isaiah Translated by Rev. C. W. H. Pauli.

The following English Language translation of the Isaiah Targum of Jonathan was compiled by Rev. C. W. H. Pauli for the London Society for Promoting Christianity among the Jews in 1871. Notably, this work, at times, displays a Christian tone. However, while the text can be compared with the TAR/ Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon database within BibleWorks, Pauliís edition is helpful for those who desire to study the Isaiah Targum.

Pauliís footnotes, which at times are helpful, are available for viewing within the BW Analysis Window.

This edition of the Isaiah Targum of Jonathan is found at various websites and is public domain.

Michael Hanel, like always, has been kind enough to host the file for download here:http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souŇ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu

Talking Brilliant!

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you for your work on this. Please let the folks at NTCS (targum.info) know about this. I'm sure they'd love to have an html version (it would be less cumbersome for browsing than the PDF's currently online). Also, be sure to contact the folks at BW, and let them know you've made this available. Perhaps this could be incorporated into the English Targum texts that are available in BW8 and put into a future update.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Thanks Jim!

Thank you very much!
    a;koue( VIsrah,l( ku,rioj o` qeo.j h`mw/n ku,rioj ei-j evstin( kai. avgaph,seij ku,rion to.n qeo,n sou evx o[lhj th/j kardi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j yuch/j sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j dianoi,aj sou kai. evx o[lhj th/j ivscu,oj souŇ

עשׁה שׁלום במרומיו הוא יעשׂה שׁלום עלינו ועל כל ישׂראל ואמרו אמן׃

"Will you rise like a lion in the morning sun or will you just lay there bleeding? When the time has come, return to the Kingdom, close my eyes and be screaming freedom!" - Matisyahu