Thread: Pasting Paragraph Style

Hybrid View

Smile Pasting Paragraph Style

Ok, in Bw7 I could copy a section of text and paste it in MicroSoft Word and it would paste in Paragraph Style. In BW8 if i use the pop up copy window it will do that, but a general copy from the browser window just places a mirror image in MicroSoft Word. Can I change the settings to past in Paragraph Style instead of having a line break ofter each verse?

A little help please
    Last edited by Wolf2Shepherd; 03-11-2009 at 05:31 PM.

I don't remember that BW7 could do what you claim. I have always had the verses divided by a line break whenever I copied them to any word processor. So I see no change in BW8. Sorry.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf2Shepherd View Post
    Ok, in Bw7 I could copy a section of text and paste it in MicroSoft Word and it would paste in Paragraph Style. In BW8 if i use the pop up copy window it will do that, but a general copy from the browser window just places a mirror image in MicroSoft Word. Can I change the settings to past in Paragraph Style instead of having a line break ofter each verse?

A little help please
    If "a general copy" means that you use Ctrl-C from the Results browser window, I am not sure that it can. It is outside of what BW8 controls. But if you right-click in the Results Window, you make BW8 do the copy. You can configure this copy in the Copy Selected Text local menu: Click the "Configure Text Copy Favorites ..." option. Once configured you can right-click and choose Repeat last copy command.

Is this what you are after?
    Dr. Georg S. Adamsen, Denmark
    Editor, http://www.Revelation-Resources.com and
    WordPress @ Blogos.dk (featuring Danish localizations for WordPress plugins, themes etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamsen View Post
    If "a general copy" means that you use Ctrl-C from the Results browser window, I am not sure that it can. It is outside of what BW8 controls. But if you right-click in the Results Window, you make BW8 do the copy. You can configure this copy in the Copy Selected Text local menu: Click the "Configure Text Copy Favorites ..." option. Once configured you can right-click and choose Repeat last copy command.

Is this what you are after?
    No, and I can't walk you through it either. BW7 was uninstalled when BW8 was installed. But I know that I went through the options menu and tweaked the copy and paste settings. I have been using BW for 6+ years and I use it heavily for Sermon prep. Every time I coped and pasted text into my Word Doc. it would remove the line breaks and insert the passage title in Bold. I can do everything with BW8 except for removing the line breaks. BW8 does do that if you use the copy pop up, so I now it is possible, I just canít find the right menu to alter it. It might have been called word wrap, but I think it was called paragraph style.
    I might have been the only one to ever use that feature in BW7 and they removed the setting

I just remembered that I was also able to change the font that I exported, so that every time I pasted in Word the font matched my document and everything was formatted the way it needed to be so that I did not need to change anything. Most of my notes are posted on our church website with the audio of the sermons.

AAAAGH it gets stressful trying to get BW back to the way it needs to be. That leads me to another issue, why is it that every time I make changes in the option section it reverts back to default when I restart it.

I think I have issues, I might go back to BW7
    Last edited by Wolf2Shepherd; 03-12-2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: I need to add a few more thoughts to this

Default Thanks for reading my vent

by the way,Thanks for responding

Dewayne

Default Restart and copy issues

For not retaining settings: First make sure that 'Save setup options on exit' is checked in Tools/Options/General/Flags/Shutdown Options. Second, the .INI or even your copyops.dat file may be corrupted. Back them up, delete them and restart BW. If problem continues, it wasn't there and you can restore your settings.

For extra lines in your output is that option unchecked in the appropriate Output Format Options dialog.

Since there a multitude of ways to copy out of BW, how specifically are you copying from BW and pasting into MS Word version xyz?

I, too, used to copy browse window verses in BW7 and pasted into other applications as wrapped text (paragraph style). I am unable to do this in BW8; it always retains line breaks between verses. Mildly frustrating .

Blessings,
    Al Cantley