Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Search on WTT

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default Search on WTT

    I performed a search on WTT for the phrase ark of the covenant of the Lord (in Hebrew) and it returned 24 hits 3 forms in 24 verses. To check my work I performed the same search in Logos and it returned 28 hits. I discovered that only 4 of the 6 references for the Book of Joshua were listed in BibleWorks 8. Anyone else have this problem?

    Additionally while in the single verse display mode when I turn to Joshua 3:1 then display changes to multiverse mode. Any guidance on how to fix this? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Hi,

    With the search of “the ark of the covenant of the LORD” in Hebrew on WTT, I get the same results as you described: 24 verses, 3 forms, 24 hits. But with the same search on WTM, I get 30 verses, 13 forms, 30 hits. Moreover, I get all the six verses of Joshua: 3:3,17, 4:7,18, 6:8, 8:33. And I assume that a search on WTM, not on WTT, will give you all the hits with every possible forms.

    As to your second problem, I am sorry I cannot offer you any suggestion because my BW8 behaves normally in this regard.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    I performed a search on WTT for the phrase ark of the covenant of the Lord (in Hebrew) and it returned 24 hits 3 forms in 24 verses. To check my work I performed the same search in Logos and it returned 28 hits. I discovered that only 4 of the 6 references for the Book of Joshua were listed in BibleWorks 8. Anyone else have this problem?
    This is not a problem with BibleWorks, only a problem with us users. If a waw ("and") or hah ("the") or la ("to the") is prefixed to the WTT word for "ark", then the verses which contain the prefix will not show up in the search which you performed. But if you type * in front of the first WTT word in this string, then you get 30 hits instead of 24, since you also get the verses which have "and the ark of the covenant of the LORD." So why does brand X come up with only 28?

    Quote Originally Posted by Precha1 View Post
    Additionally while in the single verse display mode when I turn to Joshua 3:1 then display changes to multiverse mode. Any guidance on how to fix this? Thanks.
    I also do not have this problem on my computer. I'd try closing BW and re-opening it, to see if it happens again.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 03-04-2009 at 01:39 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Yaku and Mark,

    I appreciate your quick response. Thank you both for your help. I figured that "user error" was going to play a factor.

    With regards to the second issue, this problem has occurred every time I open BibleWorks. Originally, I thought I may have done something to cause this. Now, I'm not sure if something happened to one of my files or if this is some sort of a "bug." In any case, I am at a loss for what I can do to correct the problem.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    543

    Default Contact customer service

    Concerning the Browse Window display issue you mentioned, I suggest contacting the BibleWorks customer service department. They can help identify the problem and offer a solution, or identify if it is a program bug.

    I am unable to reproduce it on my system.

    Perhaps it is a verse mapping problem with one of the version you are displaying. I suggest having the WTT as your search and display version, then entering 'd c' on the Command Line and pressing Enter to remove all except the WTT from your display, and see if that fixes the problem.

    You might also want to close BibleWorks, then hold down the Shift key while restarting BW. When the troubleshooting window opens, select 'Rebuild Version Data' under Option 1, then press the 'Perform the selected options and run BibleWorks' button. If that still doesn't work, then you might want to repeat the Shift + open BW and select 'Delete the BW800.ini', and 'Delete Context Files', then press the button. This will reset the main BW800 ini file, and will delete the Tabs context files. If you have customized BW8, you might want to backup your BW800.ini file first.

    Hope this helps. A link to contacting Customer Service is in my signature file below.
    Glenn Weaver

    For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    112

    Default Problem Solved

    Thanks Glenn,

    Deleting the bw800.ini file and the context files solved the problem.

    As I continue to learn and explore BW8, I am very appreciative of the insight, help, and suggestions that are available from an attentive staff and some awesome users. I thank God for each of you and how you are impacting and helping others impact the Kingdom of God.

    God Bless

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •