Thread: Adding new bibliographic data to NB

Hybrid View

Default Adding new bibliographic data to NB

If you are using Nota Bene / Ibidem for your writing, you can import all of the new bibliographic data recently posted. Open Ibedem from tools, select file menu import records and select RIS records. Dialog will open up to import into your desired database and to select the location in the init directory. Thanks to the BibleWorks staff for saving a few more keystrokes.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

I just joined the forum, and just upgraded to BW 8. What are these bibliographic data?

I'm a longtime user of Nota Bene, and it would be great to learn that other BW users are also.

Default Hi David

Welcome and hope you are enjoying version 8. There are a number of Nota Bene users around here. The bibliographic files I mentioned were just added today. Bibleworks staff posted the proper information to cite the electronic versions of the different databases and resources. They put them up in different file formats. From Bibleworks go to help/ bibleworks on the web/ check for updates. There is a new version of the help file and a several supporting files you can download.

If you use Ibidem and hate typing in biblio info, you can use the .ris version and pull them all into your working ibedem database. Good to have another NB user on board.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Ah yes, I remember seeing something about bibliography when I downloaded the latest updates after installing. Great!

I’ve been playing around with it a bit, using Nota Bene’s newly released Archiva software. This is great stuff, really worth a try, by the way. It searches libraries for books, or captures material copied to the clipboard from online bibliographical databases, and can also convert formatted bibliographies directly into Ibidem bibliographical database records. (For those who don’t know what we’re talking about, go to http://www.notabene.com.)

Anyway, rather than importing the entire BibleWorks bibliography into Ibidem, it’s possible to copy one or more items to the clipboard, paste it into NB, make sure that the titles are italicized or underlined (in accordance with Chicago Manual formatting), and then have Archiva convert it into an Ibidem record or records. (It doesn’t know what to do with the “BibleWorks. v.8,” and just appends it to the date, but that’s easy to deal with.) This is snazzy!